Most dependable Saw you've ever owned?

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The longest I've ever owned a saw was 8 years and it was a stihl 390. I never had a mechanical problem with that saw. My cousin and I sold a lot of firewood using that saw. Well maybe not a lot compared to some on this site. I've since sold that saw and haven't owned my current saws more than three years. This post isn't meant to be this brand vs that brand. Only your personal experience with a certain model that has always been "Mr. Reliable". I would like to hear from both professional and home owners experiences.

Last edited:

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
038 av. Dad bought it in early 80s I think and used it for all our firewood up until he passed away. Poor saw beat around in the back of the pickup everyday of its life dang near and got used and abused as a ranch saw. It always started easy and ran like a top. Probably still does but I wouldn't know since it was stolen.

Pioneer Perry

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I bought my Husqvarna 353 in 2004 and it's cut one heck of alot of wood maple, oak,elm wood that should have been cut with a much larger saw. But it's never missed a beat lots of chains and a few bars. 4 degrees in Michigan and 105 in California, I can always count on that saw.