High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

more good news about stihl oem pistons....

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Just priced out parts for a 361 stihl, tank, muffler, brake handle, handle bar, decomp, air cleaner and cover.
$578 plus tax 13%,,,probably some shipping in there to!! Nuff said!!
Makes it hard to go there,,
BBB

Hold off for a good parts saw Bob .
If I was at Stihl yet I could help you out some but no more .
Ever find out what that little piston fits ? , a trimmer I suspect .

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Jim personally if I were you on a lower cost unit like this I might reconsider. Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar, nor Echo make those seals, they are sourced from an outside vendor. When you go to a bearing supply house (around here the main ones are Motion Industries (Used to be Dixie Bearing) Global Bearing, and INF Bearing) all you are doing is buying the part directly from a wholesale distributor and cutting out the OEM 200%+ markup. Now as an authorized dealer I cannot do that, I have to use OEM parts, but an independent repair shop can do it as long as the customer is made aware up front and given the three options, OEM, aftermarket, or decline the repair.

I shared my opinion and got "lambasted" for it.
I'm over it.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Dang nitehawk your up there where the pallets of china made stihls are flooding in. ;)

Yeah #3 is Brazil .
I haven't been with Stihl since 2005 so a lot has changed since then and I don't recall seeing much in the way of China stuff except for some of the accessories and clothing , hats and the like so in 11 years I'm sure things have changed . Stihl is looked after by the family yet and Hans Peter is no longer the CEO but I'm betting once he's out of the picture things may change a lot (big box stores for consumer products ) or the family may even sell it , who knows .
I saw enough pallets of saws to go down a highway as far as you could see and then some . It truely amazed me how much product that came in and was shipped out and we only covered Ontario ,Quebec and some of Manitoba out of the head office , there are other distributing centres out east and west . I unloaded tons of crates full of parts in my years there........crazy !! o_O

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hold off for a good parts saw Bob .
If I was at Stihl yet I could help you out some but no more .
Ever find out what that little piston fits ? , a trimmer I suspect .

Got a good used 361 for $300. and thanks.
The little piston is in the shop somewhere,,poor thing has no papers!! LOL
Bbb

fin460

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The ms360 piston that I ordered after the first of the year from a good dealer was, 67$, I was expecting 40$. Luckily I saw this thread before I went to pick it up, or I might have complained