Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The one that stuck with me was “never let your mouth write a check your ass can’t cash”

One of my dad's.....|

"One of these days that boxcar mouth is gonna write a check that your tin can ass can't cash"

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't want to dwell on other chainsaw groups and numbers, but there is a difference between quality and quantity. I don't know about the other groups, and that doesn't matter. I think this is a good group right here.
Firing on the right cylinders imo sir.

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a few guys now that can do the same job I've been doing. They are all trusted, and none of them asked to do this job. I'm gonna step back next time the manure hits the air moving equipment and see what happens. I already feel less burdened. I've been playing video games with my grandson......and I like it. LOL

I like driving simulators. Racing against my son was a pain....until I got a pedal and steering wheel set to use. Now I can compete on even terms and smoke his arse. Video games aren't all bad.

Sayings, I have one that I brought from the service. Don't get hung up on the big things, it's the little details that will get you killed. Another I've seen since my son started wrestling. Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you never get it wrong.

Mr Awesome

PS-If you aren't wasting time moderating this drivel as much does it mean your GTG will be even better with more time to put in it?

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now Kevin wouldn't brag.....

He only has the best....knows the best....has the most....knows the secrets.....etc etc etc

The fact that you even commented on that should tell you it's time for a rest from this crap. It's not who you are. Neither was all the IH bull $hit, (imho).

I've followed you over the years and gone to battle with you on a few controversial issues back in the day. We've also been on opposite sides of the fence a coupla times. Always respected your opinion either way.

You've changed. There's bitterness..., anger, even. Not becoming to you regardless of the circumstances.

I'm no psychologist, but I'd respectfully suggest you're long overdue for a break to get your self back. The forums and groupies will survive and still be there for an occasional drive by for a piece o' pie and a howdy..., as will the forum owner.

Being consumed by it all with a sense of responsibility (and maybe even a little guilt) on a daily basis is simply not a healthy way to start your day everyday. But it certainly appears that it's what you've become..., consumed.

Again, and in my humble opinion from a distance, I don't think it's who you are. Evidently you don't, either.

I'm not posting this to start new $hit or re-hash old. I'm posting this because you are soliciting opinions about a subject I've been concerned about for awhile..., because I like you.

Best to you however you decide to roll.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fact that you even commented on that should tell you it's time for a rest from this crap. It's not who you are. Neither was all the IH bull $hit, (imho).

I've followed you over the years and gone to battle with you on a few controversial issues back in the day. We've also been on opposite sides of the fence a coupla times. Always respected your opinion either way.

You've changed. There's bitterness..., anger, even. Not becoming to you regardless of the circumstances.

I'm no psychologist, but I'd respectfully suggest you're long overdue for a break to get your self back. The forums and groupies will survive and still be there for an occasional drive by for a piece o' pie and a howdy..., as will the forum owner.

Being consumed by it all with a sense of responsibility (and maybe even a little guilt) on a daily basis is simply not a healthy way to start your day everyday. But it certainly appears that it's what you've become..., consumed.

Again, and in my humble opinion from a distance, I don't think it's who you are. Evidently you don't, either.

I'm not posting this to start new $hit or re-hash old. I'm posting this because you are soliciting opinions about a subject I've been concerned about for awhile..., because I like you.

Best to you however you decide to roll.

Kevin has gotten on my nerves with his bragging for years. If it bothers you that I finally spoke up about it, I'm sorry.

You probably overlooked the part where he posted gifs laughing in my face because I posted that I was feeling overwhelmed.

That was the final straw for me. He can kiss my white ass.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kevin has gotten on everyone's nerves for years. Most of us ignore him.

If that's all you got out of my post, I'm sorry I wasted the time actually trying to defend your contemplation of a change for the sake of your own sanity.

When you allow Kevin Smith to suck you into engagement, you've already lost.

That was (and is) the point.

You need a break, brother.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kevin has gotten on everyone's nerves for years. Most of us ignore him.

If that's all you got out of my post, I'm sorry I wasted the time actually trying to defend your contemplation of a change for the sake of your own sanity.

When you allow Kevin Smith to suck you into engagement, you've already lost.

That was (and is) the point.

You need a break, brother.

I do need a break.

We now have a group of moderators rather than just me.....and I'll be taking a few weeks off over the summer.

For now, I'm actually enjoying playing around with the misfits on the site.

Now....I would like to address the IH part of your post.

I tried my level best to ignore the IH thread when it was brought here. That was after several guys sent me links to him tearing apart one of my saws on YouTube. I just didn't really care.

I even spoke with the guy on the phone once the fellows got after him with pitchforks. I told him to do whatever with a saw of mine that landed in his lap. And.....to tell his YT audience that I was cool with it. I had never watched a single one of his videos at that time.

Then I deleted that thread.....and asked everyone to leave the guy alone.

A few weeks later Bob called me and told me had that same saw on his bench, and that it was a mess.

Turns out this IH guy took off the OEM top end, installed a poorly "ported" Hyway top end that only had 135psi, neglected to even fix the reason it was out of service to begin with.....and charged the poor guy 600.00 to do it.

That warranted a thread, started my me to admit that was wrong to defend the man in the first place.

I'm gonna call out any crook that crosses my path. It's who I am.....and it's who I've always been.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad your more human than monkey boss.
Animated Guntoting hammer pleasin monkey is scary...

I'm not 100% sure what that would look like.......but I'm not about to start kissin no mfer's ass. Especially one who laughed in my face.