High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Mastermind Meets The Dolmar 7900

jrsdws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You fellas are way way way smarter than me on these saws....especially coils and such. However, I have a Stihl coil laying here on my desk that I think came out of a 461 that appears to be an approximate fit physically. It might have an extra pole or whatever it's called but I thought they could be trimmed back? Plug wire is short and I assume it'd have to be replaced with a longer one? I dunno.....just trying to help.

fin460

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I had some time to tinker with this these saws today, but not just yet. I am getting caught up though.

Soon.....and I'll be sharing everything I learn.

I'll try and soak it up, still too dumb to wrap my head around all of it. Thanks to everyone who shares.

McCrazy79

OPE Member
Local time
8:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
WOW, Thanks for sharing that post. I have absolutely no idea to what you did exactly but it looks pretty cool. Check out my GUNS.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I had some time to tinker with this these saws today, but not just yet. I am getting caught up though.

Soon.....and I'll be sharing everything I learn.
That's what sets you apart and makes you so well respected. You can share it all, and noone can really reproduce it.

Seems like some other dudes on the AS site just didn't get that.

I think I'm getting a man crush on ya....

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's what sets you apart and makes you so well respected. You can share it all, and noone can really reproduce it.

Seems like some other dudes on the AS site just didn't get that.

I think I'm getting a man crush on ya....

Easy there killa. lol

I don't build better saws than anyone else. I build them to run the way I like em to run. Period. As a matter of fact, I build so many saws that I'm gonna end up building some that are less than stellar. The law of averages makes that an undeniable fact.

I do try to do good work though......and I have zero issue with fixing stuff I do that needs fixing. We will all mess up.......what we do after we mess up is what defines us.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Easy there killa. lol

I don't build better saws than anyone else. I build them to run the way I like em to run. Period. As a matter of fact, I build so many saws that I'm gonna end up building some that are less than stellar. The law of averages makes that an undeniable fact.

I do try to do good work though......and I have zero issue with fixing stuff I do that needs fixing. We will all mess up.......what we do after we mess up is what defines us.
Exactly. You like certain numbers and I like certain numbers and so on. I run a higher exhaust on most than you do from what I remember. I run a lot different chain than most as well.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well said, if the person your porting the saw for is happy then it's irrelevant how someone else thinks it runs.
Wrong. It only matters how fast it cuts cookies compared to some other guy's saw who was ported by some other porter. And how shiny they are.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wrong. It only matters how fast it cuts cookies compared to some other guy's saw who was ported by some other porter. And how shiny they are.
Now you gone and done it. I don't like the shine. It distracts me when cutting cookies in bright sun:p

Last edited: