Looking to lighten my Dolkita 6400

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't imagine. Glad you shared your experience. Hopefully it will help others be safe.

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Seems like that might negate the weight savings over another bar?

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like that might negate the weight savings over another bar?
Once you see how "small" they are, you'd probably retract that statement.
Maybe an ounce or 2.
Whereas the weight savings in the ES Light bars can be measured in pounds

But honestly, if weight is this huge of a factor for you, a 6400 probably ain't your best bet.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once you see how "small" they are, you'd probably retract that statement.

But honestly, if weight is this huge of a factor for you, a 6400 probably ain't your best bet.

Very true. 6400 aren't light light saws.

Yes weight for the adapter is like a couple of quarters in your pocket.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll soon have an 028 Super lookin for a home as well

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm happy with my 6400 and can bear the weight, but the weight savings would be appreciated. I thank you guys for the trade/sale offers but I've gotten to know this old German gal and like her :D I figure that the 421/6400 combination is a good one for a homeowner with a few acres of trees and a coupla woodstoves.

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Since we're on a tangent about my gunshot elbow, here's some stuff I'd like to pass on.

Any of the Four Rules would have prevented me taking a 230gr hollow point to my elbow.

When I went into shock after trading seats with someone that could drive, I got very hot and dehydrated, not cold.

Not a lot of blood loss.

I had two bone grafts. Staph-E "super bug" infection from the hospital, and about nine surgeries total. I can't extend my right arm as far I should, the arm looks like hell, and it has nerve pain a lot of the time. All of that being said, the financial pain hurt me way more. I sure wish we'd had crowd funding back then, I could have used it. This financial pain hurt me way worse than the physical pain. My family (wife and two kids) felt some of this for sure. I'd much rather have been shot while in the Corps, for the financial reasons. I have no disability from this arm, no idea if the gubmint gives out money for this or not, but I'm sure it's not worth it since I prefer working.

I truly hated having to sue the guy that shot me. I put it off until I couldn't afford not to. His homeowners insurance paid up, not really a lot, all things considered. Finding a good lawyer, a conservative family man of his word made all the difference (fired one lawyer before him).

Don't complain about saw weight to me ;) I truly love running a chainsaw and look forward to every excuse I have to run one of my Dolmars. I also can do pull-ups again. I do hope to lighten up my 6400 a wee bit, and I'd love to turn it into a 7900. @CoreyB graciously offered to remove the cat from my 421 and retune it when it's out of warranty, I'm looking forward to that.

I appreciate the community we have here, I no longer put food on the table from muscle work but I sure miss my days on the family ranch, working at a sawmill, and being a Marine. I plan to retire in about seven years back to the family cattle ranch in Wyoming, I can't wait.

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm still looking for the right, affordable lighter bar for my Dolkita.

Does anyone offer a service where you send your muffler in and have it gutted?