High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Looking to lighten my Dolkita 6400

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Update: Oregon Versacut en route along with a (cheap) Pro Lite for the 421. I'll let you guys know what I think about the new bars.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Muffler gutted yet?

Hint:
Full skip chain!
Lesser teeth, lower weight. ;)

How's that VersaCut working for You?
I've been looking at it in Nate's shop, also in 20" - nicely priced too.

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Muffler gutted yet?

Hint:
Full skip chain!
Lesser teeth, lower weight. ;)

How's that VersaCut working for You?
I've been looking at it in Nate's shop, also in 20" - nicely priced too.

No, I need to put the money together to have someone mod it for me. Saving my spare my spare money for a hunting trip back home in Wyoming at the end of the month :D

I think it's a good investment as it cuts weight and as far as I can tell, is very durable. I took the saw down a bit today to blow it out with air and swap chains after some stump cutting, I usually have to dress the rails a bit with a file on other bars, not needed at all on this one.

IMG_1958.JPG IMG_1959.JPG

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Look at this crap. Maybe four tanks into this new bar. Couldn't figure out why it was cutting so poorly, stopped to touch up the chain and it fell apart when I started wire brushing the chain to get it ready for sharpening. I'm disgusted, never had this happen before.IMG_0627.JPG IMG_0628.JPGIMG_0629.JPG

Last edited:

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have heard of one doing that
It was a logger that can be hard on his gear and really work it but non the less it did happen. I am pretty sure the hot him a new one. Was not at my dealership but a friend's who has the same distributor as we do.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow! :eek:

I can't like that!
The rails came apart, that's not what one expects from a brand name bar.

I would contact Oregon/Blount, send them pictures and see what they have to say!
They might ask You to send the bar in for an autopsy, maybe they even replace that one with a new one.
I think it's worth a try.

I was looking at the VersaCut bars, but now I am no longer interested in them that much. :confused:

Making a durable chainsaw bar shouldn't be a trial and error process nowadays!
So sad to see that Oregon, which I personally like to use, has product issues like this! :(

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the record, I am still using the factory original Dolmar branded Oregon laminate bar on my Dolmar PS-6400 which is in use since 2006.
I have deepened the bars groove at the tail end twice, and I dress the rails on a regular basis.
This bar isn't bent and cuts perfectly straight, the groove isn't clapped out either.
It is a 4 rivet sprocket nose D009 bar.

I've worn out about 10 chains on this bar!
I've posted pictures of my worn out chains here:
http://opeforum.com/threads/worn-out-chain-thread.2090/
Should give You a sense of the hours that this particular bar already has on it.

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Why is it bent that much, did You pinch the bar?

How did You even manage to cut with that bar.

That VersaCut is total scrap!

No pinch, I was just cutting old stumps. I cut them in fourths or more, vertical cuts and horizontal cuts, so no really long cuts. I just put the old bar back on with the same chain, freshly sharpened. It cuts so much faster now, I was definitely having issues due to that Versacut bar.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm buying this bar from @fordf150 if Oregon does not make it right.
I have been looking at the VersaCut and that T&L on Nate's shop.
I was leaning towards Oregon due to name recognition.
After seeing what happened to Your VersaCut I'd rather give the Tsumura, which I am unfamiliar with, a try!

Let us know whether Oregon/Blount will admit a fault on their end and make it up to You.

I recently purchased a OEM Dolmar laminate bar, 3/8" 20" D009 - it was bent.
I was recommended by two fellow members to make a complaint and I did with several pictures attached to the politely written mail.
Only hours later I received a reply from Dolmar Germany ensuring me that I will receive a replacement bar free of charge - which I did.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
and this is exactly what i was afraid of....the oregon reduced weight bars(which are $100+) have had glue failure and delaminated so i was a little hesitant about these $30-50 bars holding up. Of course so far this is just one of many many thousands of bars sold so it may just be a fluke, I wont pass judgement quite yet.

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
and this is exactly what i was afraid of....the oregon reduced weight bars(which are $100+) have had glue failure and delaminated so i was a little hesitant about these $30-50 bars holding up. Of course so far this is just one of many many thousands of bars sold so it may just be a fluke, I wont pass judgement quite yet.

Honestly, I'd prefer it if you just made my chainsaw decisions for me :D