Let's see your tool boxes

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was maybe 7 or 8 yrs old I had the exact same tool box. Mine was full of hot wheels cars:)
I think my folks might still have it. I'll have to have a look sometime.
When I was 7, metal hadn't been invented yet. heck fire had just been invented.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is what the $15 box yielded tonight. From the top left, a Johnson level, 10 speed boring bits, 9 craftsman wrenches and a 3/8" ratchet, 8 other wrenches with decent quality names and the rest of the stuff you see.

View attachment 19162
I knew it was heavy, nice haul. I see those spark plug pliers.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
12:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I knew it was heavy, nice haul. I see those spark plug pliers.

K-D Tools, already been moved into my big box in the basement. They cleaned up nicely with a little Simple Green and a rag.

The guy I bought this from is pretty firm on his prices. On some stuff he is high, other times you can find a bargain like the $4 set of Wiha Torx screwdrivers I bought from him. If he doesn't know what it is a deal can be had.

Last edited:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This one is getting pretty old now, If it lasts a couple more years I won't it need anyway.

Attachments

• arborist site 010.JPG
    arborist site 010.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 26

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the backside of my main workbench backsplash/shelves, I framed/furred it out and killed it out with pegboard. Some more hand tools that if I put them in my main box, those drawers would be a clusterfugg too...
IMG_1939.JPG
IMG_1940.JPG
Same deal, just both angles.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On the backside of my main workbench backsplash/shelves, I framed/furred it out and killed it out with pegboard. Some more hand tools that if I put them in my main box, those drawers would be a clusterfugg too...
View attachment 37001
View attachment 37002
Same deal, just both angles.

Very well organized set up you got there Jason, I like it!!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very well organized set up you got there Jason, I like it!!
Appreciate it Charlie. I, like most, learned several yrs ago to start returning tools where they belong. Many of my hand tools still sit in a big clusterfugg pile on my bench...they need to get squared away. When ya spend 30-45 mins hunting something to do a 5-min job, you're losing. Done this method of madness all my life but trying to get tools back where they need to be and the drawer they came from. Sure makes it easier to find something ya need.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Appreciate it Charlie. I, like most, learned several yrs ago to start returning tools where they belong. Many of my hand tools still sit in a big clusterfugg pile on my bench...they need to get squared away. When ya spend 30-45 mins hunting something to do a 5-min job, you're losing. Done this method of madness all my life but trying to get tools back where they need to be and the drawer they came from. Sure makes it easier to find something ya need.

I know what you mean, When some body gets a tool out the box and when and ( if ) they decide to return it they open the first drawer they get to and throw it in. Makes me mad as hell!

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know what you mean, When some body gets a tool out the box and when and ( if ) they decide to return it they open the first drawer they get to and throw it in. Makes me mad as hell!
I'm not the only fella that deals with that. The one that gets me is they are close but still wrong metric wrenches in with the standards.....

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lowe's has them each on sale, bottom is $50 and top is &49. Just grab a couple "$15 off $50" coupons and do separate purchases. You'll just have to throw a cheap clamp or something with the top chest to break that $50.