• Total voters

Joe M

Active OPE Member
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like my Tekton stuff, a lot of their tools are made in USA too. Favorite wrenches are probably Wiha

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Snap-Off is my favorite overall, but if I was beginning my career as a tech again I would buy Wright whenever possible. All USA made for the same price as the good Taiwan tools. I've had good luck with all the truck brands, Snappy/Matco/Mac/Cornwell. Used Cornwell tools on Fleabay are a great deal because people don't take this brand seriously. My big toolbox is Cornwell. Land Rover green, made for a chain of dealerships.

Cornwell tool box.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody ever look at the Menard's house brand tools, Masterforce? They opened a store near us and of course that's the first thing I have to check out. I was shocked at how nice they are for what little they cost. I was expecting total Chicom junk but their tools are made in Taiwan like alot of your more expensive ones (including Matco). I would bet that whoever makes Masterforce also makes them for Craftsman and others. If they work as good as they look then that is a bargain indeed, I might pick up some of them for my portable kit.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a lot of Klein tools for work. At home i have all kinds, craftsman, gear wrench, tekton, etc

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
8:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody ever look at the Menard's house brand tools, Masterforce? They opened a store near us and of course that's the first thing I have to check out. I was shocked at how nice they are for what little they cost. I was expecting total Chicom junk but their tools are made in Taiwan like alot of your more expensive ones (including Matco). I would bet that whoever makes Masterforce also makes them for Craftsman and others. If they work as good as they look then that is a bargain indeed, I might pick up some of them for my portable kit.
Yes I have a lot of Masterforce tools from Menards. Prices are reasonable for what you can buy there. I have large wrenches (1”-1 1/2”), screw drivers, pliers, etc etc and they are all well made, durable, and to size. I typically go to Menards instead of Harbor Freight for hand tools.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I have a lot of Masterforce tools from Menards. Prices are reasonable for what you can buy there. I have large wrenches (1”-1 1/2”), screw drivers, pliers, etc etc and they are all well made, durable, and to size. I typically go to Menards instead of Harbor Freight for hand tools.
The HF ICON line of tools seem pretty good.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. We have a bit of Masterforce. I have one of the big cases with all the sockets and racthects etc…

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. We have a bit of Masterforce. I have one of the big cases with all the sockets and racthects etc…

I still have all my tools from when I was a tech so I don't buy much anymore, unless it's for a specific need or I just want it. Usually I buy used truck brand tools from Fleabay. I bought one of the Carlyle 3/8" flex head ratchets from Napa just because I was curious and it turns out to be a really good one. If I suddenly needed a tool that would be super expensive as even a used truck brand and rarely needed like a 30mm wrench I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from Menard's. I may buy one anyway, biggest I currently have is 27.

jacktheripper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like some of the Lang and Lisle USA-made specialty tools. I have a Lang brak caliper spreader and a master rethreader kit, Lisle relay tester kit, pneumatic fan clutch removal kit, mirrors, and panel remover tools.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I have some Masterforce stuff and have been happy with it. I typically stop in to Menards before I’d hit up the Harbor Freight.