Just a Reminder work smart

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
6:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah. And people wonder why I get a little tense when they talk about the "stresses" of their job.

Local time
5:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At work i am not stressed at all, actually it is the opposite. When i get home from work and my 3 boy's are being boy's and tearing the house apart, that is when the stress sink's in. I was taught from an early age that everything happen's for a reason, i don't fear death because of that. I damn sure don't want to rush thing's along so i try to be as safe as possible. If i become a statistic you can bet your ass i was in the process of making sure i wasn't LOL

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At work i am not stressed at all, actually it is the opposite. When i get home from work and my 3 boy's are being boy's and tearing the house apart, that is when the stress sink's in. I was taught from an early age that everything happen's for a reason, i don't fear death because of that. I damn sure don't want to rush thing's along so i try to be as safe as possible. If i become a statistic you can bet your ass i was in the process of making sure i wasn't LOL
Much better off with working a comfortable pace than seeing how much wood you can get out our house many trees you can get cut down in a days time. I'm with you John. Logging isn't stressful.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah. And people wonder why I get a little tense when they talk about the "stresses" of their job.
I didn't mean logging is stressful. I meant whiners with relatively non hazardous jobs need to get a clue. I've buried a few people over the years that have died on the job. The rest of the world goes on like nothing ever happened. Even though that guy was doing that job so they didn't have to. But they got food on their plate,electricity at their fingertips,a roof over their head,fuel in their cars,seafood year round all because someone else assumes the risk.

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I didn't mean logging is stressful. I meant whiners with relatively non hazardous jobs need to get a clue. I've buried a few people over the years that have died on the job. The rest of the world goes on like nothing ever happened. Even though that guy was doing that job so they didn't have to. But they got food on their plate,electricity at their fingertips,a roof over their head,fuel in their cars,seafood year round all because someone else assumes the risk.
We are the expendable working class.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The last couple years there has been a major jump in injuries and fatalities in my area. A combination of wet weather and guy's pushing too hard when it is dry to make up for not working. And we have a crap load of dead and dying pin oak from the horned gull wasp. I just heard that a faller got air evac'd this morning a few mile's away from my house. Haven't heard who it is yet but i'm sure i know him

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The last couple years there has been a major jump in injuries and fatalities in my area. A combination of wet weather and guy's pushing too hard when it is dry to make up for not working. And we have a crap load of dead and dying pin oak from the horned gull wasp. I just heard that a faller got air evac'd this morning a few mile's away from my house. Haven't heard who it is yet but i'm sure i know him
Hope he pulls through.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything I've ever done is in the top 10.... I wasn't always the safest person intell I got a little older and married and started having kids.
Now the last thing I would want for my family is too be a statistic of carelessness.

CTYank

Killer of Invasives
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Historically lots of police like to preface contract negotiations with "Our job is sooooo dangerous." Relatively speaking, not.
Gotta keep things in perspective.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are no guarantees in timber cutting. No for sure weekly paycheck, no such thing as an easy relaxed day. I come from a long line of loggers and it is all i know, and all i want to know. Be light on your feet and observant, head on a swivel as some say.

There are good day's and bad day's, much like any other job. Dealing with hauling and equipment failure get's old fast. Personally i don't want a different job, regardless of the salary. A fella can get killed riding his bicycle, I will just keep taking a good look at my front door while i'm heading out of it. That front door is my daily goal... getting the chance to walk back through it