High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Is 3 Chains Per Bar Really the Rule of Thumb?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It does happen to all of us. As the saying goes, there is no substitute for experience. Lol
I always take at least 2 saws with me just in case I get one jammed into the wood. I cut my way out of it. Lol

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One reason I like big saw like a 395 for cutting/bucking larger wood is they have enough balls to bore cut into pinches and cut out the bottom like in this video. Saves time.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Limbing.. cutting it off flush at the trunk is easier for me. You can tell the direction of tension more easily.

Last edited:

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
3:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Broke the cardinal rule, only had one saw w me.

I always take at least 2 saws with me just in case I get one jammed into the wood. I cut my way out of it. Lol
On 'outboard sprocket' saws (most STIHLs) I have pulled the powerhead, leaving the bar and chain in the wood, and cut it out with a spare bar and chain. Also keeps the powerhead (and maybe a 'helper')out of the way if cutting the pinch out with another saw.

Harder to do with 'inboard sprocket' saws (many Huskys, Poulans, etc.) unless you carry a Granberg chain tool with you, or have clearance to spin the clutch off.

Philbert

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FYI don’t try boring into a pinch unless you know what your doing and the right saw.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same log, you could get 5 guys that would go at it differently and come out with the same results. Doesn't mean any styles are right or wrong. Whatever works for you.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very true. Although some styles would be faster or slower production.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some safer. Whatever makes the cutter feel comfortable and confident. As long as the end result is the same. ;)
Log bucked up into x amount of pieces.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We were limbing a big tulip last Monday and I cut Groundi out of a pinch 4 times. I was going to say something but knew as soon as I did I'd be having her come over to cut my saw free. Anyone who hasn't pinched a saw to the point of needing help to get it out either hasn't done much tree limbing or is a blatant liar.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not bad. I just gotta get used to using it. Nice and light. Hook gets stuck in a bit. Still new. Lol

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have always just bent down to pick up every single piece of wood I cut. Instinctual I guess. So I gotta get used to using it.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We were limbing a big tulip last Monday and I cut Groundi out of a pinch 4 times. I was going to say something but knew as soon as I did I'd be having her come over to cut my saw free. Anyone who hasn't pinched a saw to the point of needing help to get it out either hasn't done much tree limbing or is a blatant liar.
Very true, though I remember years ago when I only had 1 saw or when I only had my first polesaw without a backup & I can say your day gets half ruined should you get a bad pinch with no climbing gear or option to retrieve it. So every limb you dropped in the back of your mind you feared the pinch & would use technique to avoid them. Necessity can be a great teacher!