High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Huskyboy meets the 572xp

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So, I’m finding these things are like a Diesel engine. They don’t like frequent start stops, they’d way rather start, warm up, run flawlessly until out of fuel and repeat. If you kick the high idle off in low temps before the engine is warm you’ll get some real lack lustre results. But give it 90 seconds or more on high idle before running the throttle at all and it runs normal. This is cold weather talk, like -20*c and colder. And sawmill work, so start, cut a knot that’s been missed, shut down. Start, trim something else, shut down. Rinse, repeat.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
8:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I’m finding these things are like a Diesel engine. They don’t like frequent start stops, they’d way rather start, warm up, run flawlessly until out of fuel and repeat. If you kick the high idle off in low temps before the engine is warm you’ll get some real lack lustre results. But give it 90 seconds or more on high idle before running the throttle at all and it runs normal. This is cold weather talk, like -20*c and colder. And sawmill work, so start, cut a knot that’s been missed, shut down. Start, trim something else, shut down. Rinse, repeat.
I don’t experience these problems in this weather. Maybe your at the point you need to knock out the carb heat hole in the airbox? Just remember to plug it again when it warms up past 20-30 degrees. CED499EA-D0E4-4EE1-8446-6AFF1B4AF20C.jpeg I always let the saw idle a minute before cutting first thing on mornings like this. Darn bar oil needs to warm up in the tank too.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
8:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed our 372s or even the 660 starts to run a little funny when it gets under 10 degrees without the carb box hole opened. Just so cold the engine over cools when idling too long between cuts. Run it hard and there ok it seems.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Mines an XPG too, even with the heat turned on it does this. Falls on its face if it isn’t given time to warm up slowly. It’s like the AT can’t make up its mind and goes crazy blubbering fat and won’t recover unless you let it sit on high idle for a minute. It just doesn’t not like short run time at cold temps. I haven’t tried anything with the box, guess I might need to read that manual. It idles fine, and high idles and starts perfectly, but if you don’t let it warm up at its own pace it loses its mind and goes all wonky. My ported 372 actually works much better for this type of work, but my dads 359 got ran over about two months ago so he’s confiscated it until his 359 gets fixed. Ha ha.