Huskyboy meets the 572xp

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup..I'd love to have a spud-like dealer too, he gets saws old ones too, the commercial side, the corporate side, homeowner needing a new blade, basically besides being good with saws he understands 'people'.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah It would sure be nice to have a dealer like Bob near by. I had a good dealer that was in the area I grew up in, bought a lot from him over the last 35 year's, it was also a hobby and bike shop back in the day. Bought a commercial mower, Stihl trimmers, saws and lots of parts. He retired a bout two years ago, passed on the 60 year old business to his sister and brother-in-law. I knew it wouldn't last long, about a year.[emoji22]

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your a good guy Bob. Wish more dealers operated like you do.
Many dealers wouldn't know how to take the part off a saw or trimmer.
Another member stopped by last week, said he stopped at a dealer on the way and they didn't have a sprocket o_O.
I have a good husky dealer about 30 mins from me and a good stihl dealer about 45, glad they are there when I need them, I send a good amount of business to both.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I wish I could have something to report back to you guys regarding something with the saw other than it’s running great lol... zero issues. The rim sprocket is just about ready to be replaced already just to give an idea how much wood this saw has cut. B9A447C0-08E9-4699-8AB3-73E664E81E1E.jpeg

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seem like good reliable saws don't they.

Mine is on it's third tank.[emoji16]
61bd9a493821443827555d2f8242f58c.jpg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually something interesting that I noticed is how clean the clutch area behind the drum stays for a inboard clutch saw. They have venting on the front and back of the clutch housing to allow airflow and debris to fall out. I don’t think I’ve seen that before on a inboard saw yet. Great idea. A40098BF-BD98-4B9D-A150-3F0027051BFA.jpegOpposite this front venting I circled, behind the clutch on the back there is venting. Can’t really see it in my pic, but if you shine a light in there you can see it.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will also add... in a not so proud “real world” moment recently, I had to get the saw out of a pinch quickly before it was to be crushed by the tree. I literally pried it out of there to save it. I can assure you people with confidence that the AV system and AV limiters are very durable after that fiasco. Lol

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
First couple complaints from me: the start/stop/high idle switch is impossible to use with a lined glove on. Try all you want, it ain’t happening.
Second complaint: it was boggy in the cold off idle all day today. No idea why. Does a guy really have to let it idle ten minutes to get A/T to reset off idle like I’ve been hearing rumours of? Ain’t nobody got time for that. Ha ha.

Other than that she definitely ain’t shiny no more.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First couple complaints from me: the start/stop/high idle switch is impossible to use with a lined glove on. Try all you want, it ain’t happening.
Second complaint: it was boggy in the cold off idle all day today. No idea why. Does a guy really have to let it idle ten minutes to get A/T to reset off idle like I’ve been hearing rumours of? Ain’t nobody got time for that. Ha ha.

Does the bog go away when the saw is warm? The on off controls on the the new Husqvarna saws are not my favorite, I've even accidentally hit the momentary off switch a few times while rotating the saw, it needs to be a strong detent.

I don't believe letting the saw idle will help anything, that's the first I've heard that. How cold are we talking?

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Original plug and fuel filter? Start with those.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually something interesting that I noticed is how clean the clutch area behind the drum stays for a inboard clutch saw. They have venting on the front and back of the clutch housing to allow airflow and debris to fall out. I don’t think I’ve seen that before on a inboard saw yet. Great idea. View attachment 205180Opposite this front venting I circled, behind the clutch on the back there is venting. Can’t really see it in my pic, but if you shine a light in there you can see it.
That's interesting, if that was one of my Stihl saws or others it would be covered and well packed with fine saw dust & oil. Like the oil pump area and the side of the case. That looks way clean for a saw that hasn't been hosed off with compressed air.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
9:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score

When was the last time you bought saw gas from the gas station?
If you are running summer gas then the Reid Vapour Pressure psi is too low to run properly in those temps.

Last edited:

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
When was the last time you bought saw gas from the gas station?
If you are running summer gas then the Read Vapour Pressure psi is too low to run property in those temps.
I’m actually running 100LL. That’s probably it though, I haven’t bought gas in two months and this is the last can out of that barrel. Can’t hurt to throw a plug at it and filter though too. Actually I really should pay the whole works some attention. I’m five chains in already. Lost fuel count now. I’m getting complacent cuz it just runs when I need it. Ha ha.