Huskyboy meets the 572xp

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Naw it’s 058 for sure, they don’t carry anything else locally at the husky dealership. Stihl carries. 063 but not sure what else. Not much selection up here, we get 058 round ground chisel in full comp or skip n that’s it unless you special order something. The drive links measure 058 on new chain but the wonky ones are down 5+ thou from new
Keep in mind the bar gauge starts out bigger than the chain, and gets bigger when the paint wears out depending on how your bar was made. Laminated bars tend to start out a good bit wider than the rated gauge. Sugi, Total, & Canon tend to start out tighter, and have less pain if any in the groove.

Dirty wood? Not enough oil output? Unintentional twisting on the bar in the cut?

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Keep in mind the bar gauge starts out bigger than the chain, and gets bigger when the paint wears out depending on how your bar was made. Laminated bars tend to start out a good bit wider than the rated gauge. Sugi, Total, & Canon tend to start out tighter, and have less pain if any in the groove.

Dirty wood? Not enough oil output? Unintentional twisting on the bar in the cut?

Yeah its oiling 1:1 with fuel, oils like mad.

The 24” bars pretty well stay on firewood and the landing so yeah lots of dirty wood etc

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
6:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s needed to make a 572 ready for east coast logging. Outfitted my boss’s 572 and it also has a mm done to it already. Just have to drill the holes for the spike. These things are about all they need to work good here. Great saws. 452C8CA8-6860-4B91-B282-B2321F0B1804.jpegFF2E5F57-6CEF-466D-A505-5FB5B9A768F0.jpeg 75507915-CCAE-4C22-A8DA-F6844DF9F1B2.jpegNo more stupid metal catcher :).

Last edited:

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s needed to make a 572 ready for east coast logging. Outfitted my boss’s 572 and it also has a mm done to it already. Just have to drill the holes for the spike. These things are about all they need to work good here. Great saws. View attachment 200058View attachment 200059 View attachment 200060No more stupid metal catcher :).

@Spike60 put the roller catcher on mine when he shipped it and drilled th clutch cover but I have been unable to find the outer dog.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Spike60 put the roller catcher on mine when he shipped it and drilled th clutch cover but I have been unable to find the outer dog.

Give him a call, I’ve gotten two from him. I try not to bother him too much though since he is so busy in the store to deal with online sales and shipping. I’m sure he’d help you out though since you bought the saw from him.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, they are not quite invincible after all. This one picked a fight with a tree and lost. Basic body work, but the price on the G handle is $126. Brake handle and side cover are the only other items that need replacing after a quick look. Otherwise it seems to have survived pretty well. But his comments on the saw are consistent with what we have been seeing. "Impressive saw, never ceases to amaze me."

IMG_0074.JPG

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, they are not quite invincible after all. This one picked a fight with a tree and lost. Basic body work, but the price on the G handle is $126. Brake handle and side cover are the only other items that need replacing after a quick look. Otherwise it seems to have survived pretty well. But his comments on the saw are consistent with what we have been seeing. "Impressive saw, never ceases to amaze me."

View attachment 200611
Impressive that it didn’t get major case damage. The cases do appear pretty strong, especially on the front. Thanks for the feedback Bob, keeps this great thread rolling.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just to set the record straight, I goofed up on the price for the 572 heated handle. The $126 was for a 562G handle. 572G handle is $153. And backordered until freaking Thanksgiving, so I have to yank one from another saw to get this guy going.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

No big deal and we've always done this for our good customers. And it's not like we only have one saw in stock to pull it from. I did pull a part from our only 535LS trimmer yesterday for a guy. He needed it, and it won't be the end of the world if I lose a trimmer sale until the part comes in. :)

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No big deal and we've always done this for our good customers. And it's not like we only have one saw in stock to pull it from. I did pull a part from our only 535LS trimmer yesterday for a guy. He needed it, and it won't be the end of the world if I lose a trimmer sale until the part comes in. :)
Your a good guy Bob. Wish more dealers operated like you do.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just to set the record straight, I goofed up on the price for the 572 heated handle. The $126 was for a 562G handle. 572G handle is $153. And backordered until freaking Thanksgiving, so I have to yank one from another saw to get this guy going.
Just out of curiosity, would the XPG wrap handle kit be less expensive, since Husqvarna is selling them for a reduced price for those who want a wrap saw?

I understand the customer might not WANT a wrap, but just thinking out loud.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Spike, I have my factory heated half wrap if you need it to make the saw you robbed available. It’s never been on my saw since it left the dealership.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spike, I have my factory heated half wrap if you need it to make the saw you robbed available. It’s never been on my saw since it left the dealership.

Thanks a bunch for the offer, but we're cool here. Have a dozen 572G's in stock, so no problem if one sits without a handle for a while.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, would the XPG wrap handle kit be less expensive, since Husqvarna is selling them for a reduced price for those who want a wrap saw?

I understand the customer might not WANT a wrap, but just thinking out loud.

The inexpensive, ($30), wrap kit is not available in a G. G kit is around $160.

Only takes 5 minutes to yank the handle off the donor saw. I don't know why most dealers won't do stuff like this. Honestly, I feel like I should have had it in stock in the first place.