Huskyboy meets the 572xp

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Because each market is different. Some areas require wraps by law/regulation. If you arent cutting stumps low and dont care wraps are fine. You wont see many wraps on pro saws in new england.

You can cut almost as low with a wrap as without, a wrap is a huge safety feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I’d put Cannon bars above Sugihara, and then Stihl.

That Japanese steel is excellent stuff...if the tips on the tsumura withstood regular bore cutting I would put them right up there with Sugi.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought this would be a interesting video to post in this thread, it could help people with a 572 or I’m sure any saw with a carb that could be acting up.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
10:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Is there any blackish paint version of 572? I've seen some 565s with blackish paint while all the 572s are silver here.
if that question was to me?
I didn't get to see a 572. They are NLA.
They are bringing in the big bores next week they told me. If you still believe in leprechauns hehe. No they didn't have any I could look over unfortunately. I was a bit disappointed.

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe but you’re paying for quality or a special application tool, take a stihl 59” bar vs a cannon 60” bar huge difference having a fat belly bar vs a skinny bar in a cut.

I agree . They make the 59" narrow because they can but bellies are for even tension as much as structural. I could only imagine how tight the ends would be to run a Stihl lite in that length unless it's just strictly under the dogs. It would be hard on the engine, gear and all, otherwise. That's a long straight span.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Because each market is different. Some areas require wraps by law/regulation. If you arent cutting stumps low and dont care wraps are fine. You wont see many wraps on pro saws in new england.
Wrap handles are nonexistent in the Midwest as well. Loggers in the north east seem to say wrap handles just get in the way and prefer shorter bars.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Wrap handles are nonexistent in the Midwest as well. Loggers in the north east seem to say wrap handles just get in the way and prefer shorter bars.
Seems the majority of mid size and up saws here are sold with them now. I’ve seen more than a few 357/359 sold with them from new too. But, it wasn’t always that way. My dad never ran one, he always ran double dogs and a 36 on the 2100s but hated the wraps, and most of the guys I knew that he worked with did too. Even into when my uncle was working in the bush 15 years later almost everyone ran half wraps. Now almost everyone runs full wraps. Our poplar doesn’t have much for a butt swell on it, but I prefer them because I like to run the saw ambidextrously, it’s much more comfortable and natural to position yourself for accurate cuts using both hands and both sides of the saw universally once you get on it. I also move around a lot. Dad said he didn’t, speed was their game more than shooting for accurate lay or saving out wood so he’d always notch and back cut from the same side of the tree, notching with the bottom of the bar and back cut being back barred when necessary for a low stump. He said they got in the way and slowed him down, I find the opposite but I stump likely 6” higher than he does even now. And I run the Skidder too so there’s not one but me to complain about stump height.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
West coasters do what they do because it works for them, east coasters do what they do because it works for them and you always get the guys who aren’t loggers telling loggers what to do.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Having a wrap cutting a nice walnut can cost ya over $100

And having me fall a tree can cost someone else $30,000. Chit happens.
Long as they are not around bean counting then I will make that prick richer.

To the contrary, most of them would rather Jack off a Lion with a hand full of Snicker Bars than ever F—ck with me while I'm working..

No, I was just an expensive creation of the BC gov. Come to think about it...I have always had that attatude.

I get you Deets. I'm picking up what you are laying down man.

Last edited:

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the saw is against tree alot on the up and down bore.
I wouldn't mind a full wrap for yard work or firewood but a common phrase I read on this site is "BORE CUTTING". I seldom read about the rest of the procedure of cutting the tap roots and controlling the direction of fall by which tap root you cut last. That is when the full wrap is "ALWAYS" in my way. I have trees that you dig around the base for the extra footage/MONEY. (Backhoe once on a walnut that was a veneer and got tired of digging after 2 or 3 feet)... ended up with an extra 7 foot of veneer and log was a 20" at 17 ft. Farmer had pushed in a draw around the tree, Had to use the bar nose straight up and down to "Tip cut the tap roots, Dad wasn't monkey enough so you know who got to cut it. We used a trench for getting away when it fell and had the hoe over the trench for some safety. Was a hot smokey job down in that hole. Back in the days of the 051 AV we used outboard motor oil. Made for a miserable job, even when yer young and fit. Johnny Bowen (Landowner/Farmer) said he would never complain that we didn't cut the stump low enough:)