Husky Battery Saw EPA discount

jackjcc

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, this seems crazy, it really does, but it scares me.

I was told today by a manager at my company that he was told about a program that offers husky battery saws with a 50% rebate from the EPA. I would like to know if any dealers have heard about this?

I have always laughed away battery saws without even checking the cut times vs 2 stroke saws. This news made me look into it and the thought of having to use battery powered saws at work makes me want to quit. The cut speed I saw of battery powered saws was abysmal.

Please, please let this not be true. I’m an arborist by trade and would die if they replaced my 201tcm with a husky battery powered top handle saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
9:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t know about the rebate, but I cut with the pro model electric husky at the CTGTG.

The saw retailed for $800.

I thought I would be shocked by how great it was, but I was underwhelmed. Gas power ain’t going nowhere anytime soon.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CF3DCF39-3A5C-4919-96DF-01DEC18724A2.jpeg I can not see battery saws replacing gas anytime soon. But I do see them filling a niche and becoming increasingly usable.

Way back linemen would drill holes in poles with a bit and brace. Then came gas powered drills. Basically a weedwacker motor with a gear reduction and drill chuck. About the same time the hydraulics on the bucket truck had drills.

Now everything is done with battery powered impacts and drills. Tighten hardware drill holes everything. It is possible because technology increased to where the battery powered stuff is the clear choice.

I think battery saws will take over the homeowner market but gas will remain for pros.

Here is a pic of Al running that battery beast

JonCraig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Battery powered cars will catch on first—more EPA & government financial incentive. And there still ain’t any Tesla’s that pass me on my drive in. Nor are there battery powered pickups. I’m not sweating it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Battery powered cars will catch on first—more EPA & government financial incentive. And there still ain’t any Tesla’s that pass me on my drive in. Nor are there battery powered pickups. I’m not sweating it.

My uncle has a battery powered truck. The bed is the battery lol.

I can see these saw being home owner friendly like said before and lawn maintenance people that only need to knock down a branch or 2 a day.

jackjcc

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Average home owners enjoy them it seems. More and more brands are coming out. But I still can’t find any info on the EPA offering rebates for buying them.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, this seems crazy, it really does, but it scares me.

I was told today by a manager at my company that he was told about a program that offers husky battery saws with a 50% rebate from the EPA. I would like to know if any dealers have heard about this?

I have always laughed away battery saws without even checking the cut times vs 2 stroke saws. This news made me look into it and the thought of having to use battery powered saws at work makes me want to quit. The cut speed I saw of battery powered saws was abysmal.

Please, please let this not be true. I’m an arborist by trade and would die if they replaced my 201tcm with a husky battery powered top handle saw.

What's up Jackjcc.
I'm sure you know the guys have been using them for yrs now on removals. If you can run a 150 or a 2511 to do a large portion then a battery saw will do what you need although it's a bit heavier. The guys are getting good run times out of the batteries and many actually like them. Some great features such as never having to start them and they are much quieter.
You may be talking/asking questions on the wrong boards to get open answers about them. Much like anti lock breaks, fuel injection, electronic carbs on saws, battery saws are only getting better and are here to stay. Personally I'm watching them close and will most likely get one myself within the next few years.
I've never heard of any epa incentive.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm all for battery-powered saws and hope the technology is developed to a point where they can be used all day on a couple batteries.

I bought my mom a battery-powered blower and she loves it. She has arthritis so the gas-powered equipment can be challenging for her.

Do you guys know if there's a decent hybrid pickup on the market yet?

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't heard of that rebate from our husky rep. Seems like they'd want all the dealers to know about that.

We haven't sold a battery saw yet. We sold 2 battery blowers. One guy brought his back and exchange it for a gas blower.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't heard of that rebate from our husky rep. Seems like they'd want all the dealers to know about that.

We haven't sold a battery saw yet. We sold 2 battery blowers. One guy brought his back and exchange it for a gas blower.

My neighbors have some battery ope and love it. Granted they are in there 70s, but maybe that's who you need to market to is the people that dont want or can't pull start stuff any more.

Last edited: