High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Gas trimmer Shaft Adaptor ? square to spline

BiOs2k

New OPE Member
Local time
12:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here and new to Gas trimmer.
I bought an Troy-Bilt 4 cycle trimmer and I discover the ability to change attachment head.
I know it's not a Stihl trimmer but I think it will serve me well..

Ok my question is; the Shaft on my trimmer is square, and I see alot of very cheap addon on Amazon and Ebay with 7 spline shaft.
is there an adaptor or a way to have my square shaft fit into a 7 spline trimmer attachment ?

Thank you

e.fisher26

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I didn’t even know there were splined shafts, I do know the tubes are different sizes on the stihl’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought an Troy-Bilt 4 cycle trimmer and I discover the ability to change attachment head.

Ok my question is; the Shaft on my trimmer is square, and I see alot of very cheap addon on Amazon and Ebay with 7 spline shaft.
is there an adaptor or a way to have my square shaft fit into a 7 spline trimmer attachment ?

Thank you

I've only seen the square shaft attachments. Got a like to this 7 spline stuff?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thank you

Ive never seen splined shafts either. Only square.

And who the hell wants a stihl trimmer? Everyone knows If you wat a real trimmer you get an Echo!

And welcome to the club! :beer-toast1:

BiOs2k

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here is a document I found about shaft connection and different size. very interesting..!!
https://www.turfmaster.co.za/brushcutter-gearbox.pdf

Echo!... yes I've see some used trimmer during my search. what is the advantage on ECHO compare to other brand ?

I know that my troy-bilt is a no name china motor and the reviews on TB590EC is not good. but i'm good in mechanics and for me this trimmer start on 3-4 pull!. And I must admit that I love the fact that is a 4cyles motor but it's heavier then a 2stroke engine.
I can confirm like every youtube video that a 4stroke trimmer is much harder to control low rpm/cutting ability then a 2 stroke.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echo builds a high quality very reliable unit for a good price. Down fall is they are over built and heavy relative to other trimmers.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is your trimmer the one that has a quick link in the center or did you just remove the gearbox on the end?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is your trimmer the one that has a quick link in the center or did you just remove the gearbox on the end?

My Troybilt is the quick like in the center and I use a hedge trimmer attachment from Walmart and a Ryobi straight shaft attachment with no problems since their all made by MTD. Hell I even took a shaft off a dead TB and made it fit on a Stihl FS 75 power head with minor work. All had the square lug that I could see.