High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Forester Harvest Plan

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
As long as I dont go full sacrifice and mash it with another log it would be a good day.
Now that I mentioned the 285 I'm sure Jon or Heath's ears are ringing and they will be by jab at me. Can never live that down.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Careful boring facecuts. We lost a 24” bar because the tree had too much lean and sat on it. Was a inboard clutch 372 so the powerhead could be removed. Outboard clutch your kind of *f-worded. My solution? Don’t get it stuck in first place... but chit happens. Lol

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also if it has real heavy side lean you might want to try a triple hinge (aka: logger wade style), and be careful to cut out the side that has the lean first. Or else it will sit on the bar. My boss uses this sometimes and it really does work in the right situation.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Careful boring facecuts. We lost a 24” bar because the tree had too much lean and sat on it. Was a inboard clutch 372 so the powerhead could be removed. Outboard clutch your kind of *frenched. My solution? Don’t get it stuck in first place... but chit happens. Lol
Yeah that’s a bad day. Hope I can manage to stay out of that kind of trouble. Wedges every time

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Also if it has real heavy side lean you might want to try a triple hinge (aka: logger wade style), and be careful to cut out the side that has the lean first. Or else it will sit on the bar. My boss uses this sometimes and it really does work in the right situation.
Hopefully no swinging grade logs. Triple hinge would be my last resort to steer it because it always ends up with a large fiber pull. Firewood or pump wood no problem.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hopefully no swinging grade logs. Triple hinge would be my last resort to steer it because it always ends up with a large fiber pull. Firewood or pump wood no problem.
If you cut it right, usually it pulls a piece off the stump and not the log. But agreed I wouldn’t use it just to use it on high $ trees. I’ve never used it yet, but I’ve seen it work in the right situation.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those two crack me up...lol! Doubt I’ll be using techniques like that but always interesting to watch pros do their thing

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks but I had the forester from a local mill walk through my property with me. Really nice guy, gladly answered all the rookie questions I asked. About half way through he said everything I’ve been doing the last 5 years and trees I was pointing out for harvest were in line with my goals for my land. Good to know. I’ve started logging, got some good saw logs out. Slow going being the feller and skidder driver, I’ve only gotten 20 out so far, but I enjoy it so I’m not complaining. Every time I use the winch I can’t help but smile, works better than expected.

Biggest thing is I’m having to relearn how to fell trees. Big difference between just dropping them for firewood and dropping them to send to the mill for $$.

I think my problem would be working for someone who wanted me to highball everyday. My azz is probably too out of shape to cut 2-4 loads a day again.