High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

First pipe saw build

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So work's been absolute chaos lately and ive been feeling the need to do something fun. couple of nights ago i couldnt sleep so headed back to the unit and started playing with my 268. some coffee, googling and a lot of maths later, i've convinced myself that i know everything there is to know about expansion chambers and have set about building one.....

A day and a half, more coffee, a pressure washer, a welder and some swearing later, here i am with my first piped saw.

It's a total hound, ugly as sin, let down by its insomniac creator and far from its potential, but it works. and it works amazingly well for something made out of junk from my shed. I know nothing more than what a few hours googling and some motorbike based software has taught me but the gains this thing has provided are pretty surprising and enough to make me want to build some more.

Who else here has had a go at building pipes? any pros out there that fancy pointing me in the right direction?

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here you go.
38fa0b02a7234672aa5d759c9e474391.jpg
941298413b3d2e563f7d25442450d029.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So work's been absolute chaos lately and ive been feeling the need to do something fun. couple of nights ago i couldnt sleep so headed back to the unit and started playing with my 268. some coffee, googling and a lot of maths later, i've convinced myself that i know everything there is to know about expansion chambers and have set about building one.....

A day and a half, more coffee, a pressure washer, a welder and some swearing later, here i am with my first piped saw.

It's a total hound, ugly as sin, let down by its insomniac creator and far from its potential, but it works. and it works amazingly well for something made out of junk from my shed. I know nothing more than what a few hours googling and some motorbike based software has taught me but the gains this thing has provided are pretty surprising and enough to make me want to build some more.

Who else here has had a go at building pipes? any pros out there that fancy pointing me in the right direction?
Love it. Like I say if you don't like it pipe it

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive seen guys do the pressure washer pipe before. Usually the pressure finds a weak spod before it gets nice and round snd blowen up good. Sometimes you have to re weld and hook it back upbto finish it.
After you blew thst up how did you make your headee?

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The metal would always be the weak point in one of my builds, to be fair it didn't take that much pressure to blow it up. Just mains water pressure did a fairly good job.

To do the header I just cut and rotated sections and welded it back together, the volume stays the same ish that way.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice hydro form, I've read a lot about it but never took the plunge. Seen guys with rubber hammers and torches while hydroforming trying to get some more complex bends to expand. Looks pretty crazy, but it works.