High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

First pipe saw build

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ive seen guys do the pressure washer pipe before. Usually the pressure finds a weak spod before it gets nice and round snd blowen up good. Sometimes you have to re weld and hook it back upbto finish it.
After you blew thst up how did you make your headee?
Another trick I use to do with damaged expansion chamyers that may work with the hydro form pipe. Fill the pipe with water get it close to the shape your looking for, then put it in the chest freezer. The ice expands and pushes out the dents and it will rip the seams on the pipe but that's the easy fix. The ice will allow you to peen the welded edges to smooth them out and take out wrinkles once it has thawed out you can use hose clamps to hold pipe seams together and clean up welds and weld split seems

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
8:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Another trick I use to do with damaged expansion chamyers that may work with the hydro form pipe. Fill the pipe with water get it close to the shape your looking for, then put it in the chest freezer. The ice expands and pushes out the dents and it will rip the seams on the pipe but that's the easy fix. The ice will allow you to peen the welded edges to smooth them out and take out wrinkles once it has thawed out you can use hose clamps to hold pipe seams together and clean up welds and weld split seems
I did this as a teenager and totally blew my pipe apart lol. Didn't know how to weld or know a welder at that time. It will work for sure though.

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
:confused:

Gunna have to walk me through this

With pleasure mate. it's a doddle once you've got your head around the maths. I'm away for a month or so but will be having another crack at this once i'm back, i'll give you a shout when i'm back on it. have a go though its a laugh.

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice hydro form, I've read a lot about it but never took the plunge. Seen guys with rubber hammers and torches while hydroforming trying to get some more complex bends to expand. Looks pretty crazy, but it works.

Curves are a pain to calculate. they move around all over the place once you start inflating, i'm still trying to work that bit out. =-)

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

That's genius! and you've just given me an idea.
A friend showed me a trick with sawdust and water once, mix it up into a gravy like jollop and freeze it. it turns into a ridiculously tough long lasting solid. its almost bullet proof. According to him there were experiments in the second world war using it to make ammunition barges rather than ferro cement. the idea being its almost as strong but cheaper and faster to make. aparently they self insulated for long enough to last something like 3 weeks. (i dont know how true any of this is) but it is a crazy strong impact resistant material. if you froze it inside the pipe it would take a lot more hammering than just ice.

I'm gonna have to give it a go.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's genius! and you've just given me an idea.
A friend showed me a trick with sawdust and water once, mix it up into a gravy like jollop and freeze it. it turns into a ridiculously tough long lasting solid. its almost bullet proof. According to him there were experiments in the second world war using it to make ammunition barges rather than ferro cement. the idea being its almost as strong but cheaper and faster to make. aparently they self insulated for long enough to last something like 3 weeks. (i dont know how true any of this is) but it is a crazy strong impact resistant material. if you froze it inside the pipe it would take a lot more hammering than just ice.

I'm gonna have to give it a go.
I bet. The fibers would help hold it together