High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Finally started this McCulloch BP-1 project, need some parts and advice....

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a snapshot of the info I found online pertaining to the mcculloch part numbers.
IMG_1386.png

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vice versa, I have Woody's, Max has Bob's.

Max has a lot more, a lot...

I do show that I have one 59501 piston without rings, which apparently superseded 59705 because both IPL's I have (January & October 1962) say the original is not available and to use 59501. I did put one together using Homelite 12040 rings and it ran O.K. The carburetor was pretty rough but Brian Genrich's later sets did work in that one.

I also ended up with a couple extra parts saws, but alas no spare carburetors.

My two runners.

20230510_161701.jpg

The first one that I got from Woody years ago is a lot more reliable, that's the one I will take along to a GTG. The other one with the paint on the air box cover lives on a shelf in the display.

My runner has a bit of a leak in the carburetor so I will have to take that one apart again one day and try to figure out what's going on.

I do have a few sets of Brian Genrich's carburetor gasket & diaphragm sets available.

Mark

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I do show that I have one 59501 piston without rings, which apparently superseded 59705 because both IPL's I have (January & October 1962) say the original is not available and to use 59501. I did put one together using Homelite 12040 rings and it ran O.K. The carburetor was pretty rough but Brian Genrich's later sets did work in that one.

My two runners.

View attachment 400379

The first one that I got from Woody years ago is a lot more reliable, that's the one I will take along to a GTG. The other one with the paint on the air box cover lives on a shelf in the display.

My runner has a bit of a leak in the carburetor so I will have to take that one apart again one day and try to figure out what's going on.

I do have a few sets of Brian Genrich's carburetor gasket & diaphragm sets available.

Mark
I was fortunate enough to run one of your BP1’s at the PNW GTG three years or so ago.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My two runners.

View attachment 400379

Mark
Whoops - sorry Mark. I had it all mixed up.