High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Finally started this McCulloch BP-1 project, need some parts and advice....

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't believe you really need the governor anyway. Why can't you limit rpm with fuel like every other saw?

I ground the vain off of my 090, and just make sure it's tuned right
That, too, had crossed my mind early on in this whole saga. I can't really see the saw running away too far before leaning out from fuel starvation.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is some odd chain .Coincidentally although the cutters are different one cutter followed by another ,then a space is similar to what Art Martin did for race chain .

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found them, got a bag of them. Measure .506" in diameter.

Used these on my 790 as I had ported it, so new plugs were required to seal off the passages.

Wonder how I did transfers on that saw? Wasn't hard. Didn't need a right angle piece to do it like the newer ones require.

Edit: If these will fit, send a pm with address and how many you need. (got about 20 or so of them)
I measured those holes over the weekend and they're 3/8" (.375), so the plugs you have are too big. But I sincerely appreciate the offer!

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm I'm not mistaken the bp-1 has a governor to prevent over speed. I'm not sure what the limits are on them but I believe they were recalled to be destroyed by McCulloch because they would over speed and explode. I'm all for this carb swap just don't want anybody to get hurt. I know Mark had that bp-399t around 22,000. That is a cool sound!

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
11:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yep that's Mark and Joe and I think mweba. (Sorry but I've not met mweba yet!). That was when Mark first fired it up! I remember one day Aaron (eccentric) all in a panic made a thread one day that Mark was piss reving the bp-399t at a gtg and locked it up at 22,500rpm! Turns out the fuel line just vibrated off! Thanks for posting the video!

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep that's Mark and Joe and I think mweba. (Sorry but I've not met mweba yet!). That was when Mark first fired it up! I remember one day Aaron (eccentric) all in a panic made a thread one day that Mark was piss reving the bp-399t at a gtg and locked it up at 22,500rpm! Turns out the fuel line just vibrated off! Thanks for posting the video!
What was this engine used on?