Fast tach holders

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
your paying for his time and equipment whats your time worth ?

Time : ~ 30-60 minutes to design the CAD file.
~ 1 minute to convert it to STL
~ 2-5 minutes to set up the printer
~ 1-2 minutes to configure print options
And then I walk away and do something else. 2-layer shell, 20% infill, estimate 30-40 minutes per print job. I come back and I pop off the piece from the print bed and start another.

In this case it's like cooking- about an hour, hour and a half of active prep work, and the rest is just waiting for it to bake. Except each additional piece requires no more prep.

Material cost : ~ $0.20 ABS or PLA plastic.

Equipment cost : Either buy a 3D printer (new or used, prices vary from $100-$1000+), find a friend with one (free), go to a maker sphere (like an Internet cafe ($/hr)), join your local library (free), ask your kid's teacher(beer), etc, etc, etc. Price is somewhere between free and ridiculously expensive.

But like I said, if people are happy paying for them I'm glad someone is providing that service for them.

What I don't understand are the people who want more than one? Like are they planning to mount a tach on multiple saws permanently? It's not like you can operate the saw very well with that stuck on your top handle. Wouldn't you just set your tune with it and then take it off? Hence you only need one?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got mine today.
Really nice high quality piece.
cb82b209a58feb2e74ec7195e9668e21.jpg

e0cc70a3208ebf6335bc9cbf02b5199a.jpg

83f6c5eb150e9b474ba3ece201526b1f.jpg

30ebca524d605dea184ae082f049bc5e.jpg

9cd4e596eb4eb5d25d1e66e4b6044f8a.jpg

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1 more available right now.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Time : ~ 30-60 minutes to design the CAD file.
~ 1 minute to convert it to STL
~ 2-5 minutes to set up the printer
~ 1-2 minutes to configure print options
And then I walk away and do something else. 2-layer shell, 20% infill, estimate 30-40 minutes per print job. I come back and I pop off the piece from the print bed and start another.

In this case it's like cooking- about an hour, hour and a half of active prep work, and the rest is just waiting for it to bake. Except each additional piece requires no more prep.

Material cost : ~ $0.20 ABS or PLA plastic.

Equipment cost : Either buy a 3D printer (new or used, prices vary from $100-$1000+), find a friend with one (free), go to a maker sphere (like an Internet cafe ($/hr)), join your local library (free), ask your kid's teacher(beer), etc, etc, etc. Price is somewhere between free and ridiculously expensive.

But like I said, if people are happy paying for them I'm glad someone is providing that service for them.

What I don't understand are the people who want more than one? Like are they planning to mount a tach on multiple saws permanently? It's not like you can operate the saw very well with that stuck on your top handle. Wouldn't you just set your tune with it and then take it off? Hence you only need one?
It's like the story of the man with a hammer that fixed the multi million dollar machine and sent a bill for a million bucks for his time and knowledge. He's offering a product and solution that nobody else is. He has set his price at an affordable amount and people are buying the product. Hats off to the man for taking the initiative and time to follow through with a product. I need a tach and will most likely now pick up a fast tach and one of these.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
12:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
your paying for his time and equipment whats your time worth ?
Exactly! I had a girl at the local store ask me the otherday while I was standing in line with people lined up behind me and she ask, " I have a weedeater I want u to look at, how much do u charge?" I replied, "35$ hr." She said, " What if it only takes 30 minutes?" The lady behind me told her, "Honey, it always takes them at least an hr.!!" :eek::D