RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello guy.
I'm having issues with this little 2511T. It starts and idles fine. Has a flat spot while revving and with the factory carb settings it revs to 10,000 RPM. I turn the Hi screw in a 1/4 turn and no change, turn it another 1/4 turn and the saw revs to the moon but my tach still reads a consistent 10,000 RPM.
The carb is brand new OEM.
The tank vent is working properly.
New fuel filter.
Fuel line is good.

I would have done a pressure / vac test but I don't have an adapter for that small of spark plug.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stock muffler? Carb is limited?
Make sure your carb is mounted properly, spark is tight, intake boot is tight and still has the little white bit for the pulse. Most throttle up issues are related to the L circuit. Leave the H fat and balance the T and L until there are no problems idling, dropping throttle or jumping to WOT. Then find that 1/4 turn on the H that makes it scream and dial it back in 1/16 turns. Find what seems a little aggressive then put it in a cut and fine tune the H.
These carbs are a pain to get just right. Take your time. Sometimes I spend 10 or 15 minutes messing with them. I often climb with a little screwdriver too.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
9:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Usually the H needle adjustment is so subtle that it takes a half turn to even notice a difference. Ported ones are usually 2.5 turns out, but they will run from 1 to 3 turns out. Most of them have a bog in the throttle just off idle if you tune it like a normal saw. If you lean the low side out a little bit and keep it idled up a little the bog goes away.

cescarbrough

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello guy.
I'm having issues with this little 2511T. It starts and idles fine. Has a flat spot while revving and with the factory carb settings it revs to 10,000 RPM. I turn the Hi screw in a 1/4 turn and no change, turn it another 1/4 turn and the saw revs to the moon but my tach still reads a consistent 10,000 RPM.
The carb is brand new OEM.
The tank vent is working properly.
New fuel filter.
Fuel line is good.

I would have done a pressure / vac test but I don't have an adapter for that small of spark plug.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
If you hear it rev but your tac doesn't change I would try a different tac to start.

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the tips and tricks guys! Hopefully tonight I will have some time to spend on it and mess with the tune.

What set up are you guys using to pressure vac test these saws, Hose going in the spark plug hole?

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the tips and tricks guys! Hopefully tonight I will have some time to spend on it and mess with the tune.

What set up are you guys using to pressure vac test these saws, Hose going in the spark plug hole?
IIRC the Stihl universal block will fit on the carb side. Echo makes a cheap pressure fitting for the spark as well.