Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I don't care what brand it is, it may not be any better of a saw, but a wrap sure makes it look like it would be a better saw.

So many people round home don't want a wrap: if they ever really used one, they'd be writing hate mail to the dude that invented the 1/2 wrap & buying wrap handles.

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't care what brand it is, it may not be any better of a saw, but a wrap sure makes it look like it would be a better saw.

So many people round home don't want a wrap: if they ever really used one, they'd be writing hate mail to the dude that invented the 1/2 wrap & buying wrap handles.

I curse my 880 with a 3/4 wrap as I flush stumps and every inch I can cut off makes grinding easier. So the other 880 I have I sold the wrap on it and put the half in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I curse my 880 with a 3/4 wrap as I flush stumps and every inch I can cut off makes grinding easier. So the other 880 I have I sold the wrap on it and put the half in place.

The first sentence had me thinking " I will send the 1/2 wrap from my 88 to this guy, & he can send me his 3/4 wrap."

And then I read further.

Norm's picture is the reason I think wraps are worthy, but I understand your reasoning.

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You are right though in it though as well. I found them invaluable on my MS460 and 461. I wouldn't be with out them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
no such thing as a full or 3/4 wrap in my part of the world only 1/2 wrap.

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
no such thing as a full or 3/4 wrap in my part of the world only 1/2 wrap.

It has a 3/4 wrap handle on clutch side rather than a full traditional wrap handle. Not sure if your being serious or not

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It has a 3/4 wrap handle on clutch side rather than a full traditional wrap handle. Not sure if your being serious or not

i am serious as there is nothing like i see on here.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Agreed. I have no use for a 1/2 wrap. Don't care much for a 3/4 wrap either.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I understand your reasoning too. But I won't flush cut stumps with my saws. I rather have a little more time grinding. Don't want to overheat my saws or score Em. Just my opinion.

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use the give her hell and cut her low method. I past worrying about over heating them. I have to clean and haul away chips and back fill stumps and find it a lot easier to haul the wood solid away then to shovel chips.

Not knocking you Norm. I know a lot of people are very careful with their saws. I don't purposely abuse them but my work saws are just that. I only have a hand full of saws I really try to not bang up which fall into the collectible category of saws aka shelf queens.

tomtrees58

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2mg1t00.jpg

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Had a busy week, just landed a contract for a year's work clear felling for what will be a huge housing estate, basically the entire site is surrounded by deciduous British hardwoods that all need to go. A few nice big oaks too that I plan to mill. Just a few pics from this week as we started getting into it IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3906.JPG IMG_3911.JPG IMG_3912.JPG
The beastIMG_3921.JPG
42" deep into a big old sycamore

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use the give her hell and cut her low method. I past worrying about over heating them. I have to clean and haul away chips and back fill stumps and find it a lot easier to haul the wood solid away then to shovel chips. All good buddy. I understand the production and job are most important. As time goes my maintenance of Saws goes down a little. And the job must get done either way. Its priority to feed the family. And he'll Saws are tough:)

Not knocking you Norm. I know a lot of people are very careful with their saws. I don't purposely abuse them but my work saws are just that. I only have a hand full of saws I really try to not bang up which fall into the collectible category of saws aka shelf queens.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Missed ya tellers. Smart phone was down:) been cutting like a bastard, chasing trees through storms. Got an emergency call from a local lady the other night. Bug bull pine, smashed two 2,500 gallon water tanks, and pipes and all. Needed tree cut up and off tanks. It was a good slab of wood 3120 was put, and 395. Then dead pine on a shear cliff, hard lean we pulled over, with bull rope block, and me truck. My Climber rigged of his climb line, as to fall it. He was outstanding. Missed 2 wedges goodbye to the ocean. Cliff it was. Great pictures and jobs my friends! Great to c you all.0224171237c.jpg