Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A Gotcha, that'll make ya pucker [emoji15].
I used to work in West Marin, and there was a sneaker section on the Hicks Valley side of Red Hill on the Petaluma/Point Reyes road and Lucas Valley Rd
in the Big Rock area.

You ever do roads in the Two rock area outside Petaluma? Or where abouts ?
I work county wide. From Cloverdale and geysers area, to Annapolis area before Mendocino county line. To Petaluma sonoma area before Napa county line. All of sonoma county around 1,500 road miles. Nice are u are talking about!

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you like that canon I've used one never owned one i liked the "belly" they have thinking of trying one on my 288.
As far as I'm concerned Cannon is the best made period. Smoothest chain glides. Most durable, cut straighter, all is better. I have a 30 in her on my 288 I love it.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never knew if it was my imagination but the little belly on the stihl bars always seemed to cut a little faster than a flat bar several guys have mentioned that but i have no proof what do you guys think.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never knew if it was my imagination but the little belly on the stihl bars always seemed to cut a little faster than a flat bar several guys have mentioned that but i have no proof what do you guys think.
I'm not sure, to tell you the truth.

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
5:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fat belly bars are made for competition,,,,, yes they do feed better,,, when u r racing and moving quickly the belly allows you to transition to the wood smoother because the radius of the belly which allows for a smaller initial contact point, hence,,, your chains speed to be affected less,,, also the belly makes for less drag/resitance on the rails also lending to higher chain speeds go to cannons website and look at the hot saw bars,,, most all have bellies!!!!

and the roller nose sprockets are separate because depending on your set up you may want to go different size roller

http://www.cannonbar.com/competition-bars/

Me new setup:)

How long is that super bar on tha big Husky??? 42?;) looks really nice!!!!

Last edited:

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fat belly bars are made for competition,,,,, yes they do feed better,,, when u r racing and moving quickly the belly allows you to transition to the wood smoother because the radius of the belly which allows for a smaller initial contact point, hence,,, your chains speed to be affected less,,,, go to cannons website and look at the hot saw bars,,, most all have bellys!!!!

and the roller nose sprockets are separate because depending on your set up you may want to go different size roller

http://www.cannonbar.com/competition-bars/

How long is that super bar on tha big Husky??? 42?;) looks really nice!!!!
50 inch

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Job coming Saturday. Be a bigger giant Eucalyptus stump removal. It will eat every bit of the 50 inch bar, on the 3120. No equipment so drop it, rip quarter block it out.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Job coming Saturday. Be a bigger giant Eucalyptus stump removal. It will eat every bit of the 50 inch bar, on the 3120. No equipment so drop it, rip quarter block it out.

Work safe Norm, remember your safety gear and protect your eyes, only get one pair per customer.