High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Ever leave your saw out in a dust storm then it rains

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So yesterday my mother in law moved her 5th wheel trailer over to my house. The dude that hauled it was a dousche, he did something to the landing gear so it wouldn’t go down any further than they were. So I had to buck down some rounds to fit under the landing gear, so he could drive out from underneath it. In his own words “I don’t have all day”. Wtf he moved the trailer 20 miles and charged her 300$ :mad: Any ways, grab the saw buck down the rounds to fit, and had to hold the pin out on his hitch so he could get out from underneath it. Literally just drove out from underneath it, trailer dropped on the rounds, and out the gate he went.
1:30pm So I went and closed the gate and while cussing and talking to myself on the way back to the house, I left my saw out by the trailer on the ground. 2 hrs later the wind is humming like 70 mph gusts. You can’t see more than 3 football fields out in every direction. Oh yeah I live in the hi desert, DUST STORM. This goes on for a few more hrs and here comes the rain at about 7pm. Wind is still howling, rains all night. This morning I go outside to assess damages and there she is 455 rancher laying on her side. :eek: Pick it up turn it on the side that was up water pours out of the pull start cover :( Moved the chain it sounds like sand paper rubbing on the bar :(
So again I start cussing myself and put the saw in the garage on the bench. This afternoon I go out and decide to tear her apart, wet sand and dirt everywhere. It’s caked, tore off the top, both sides and the exhaust. There was so much dirt on the flywheel side it wouldn’t move. Sand Was stuck between the flywheel and the coil. Got the exhaust off and there it is sand in the exhaust port :crybaby2:little tiny pieces but I can see it. Cleaned them out of the port and off the piston with a wet q-tip and looked through the spark plug hole and could see a little left, so back in I go.
Took off the flywheel, yes I had to rotate and stop the piston, and then the other way for the clutch. Now I get to tear the cylinder off and make sure I get it cleaned out. :BangHead: Gonna order some seals and a piston kit and do it while I’m in there. From what I can see the cylinder looks ok and as long as I don’t fire it up and run sand through it I should be good. I guess it was time for a piston, *s-word happens for a reason. Or it’s just karma biting me in the ass for cussing the tow truck driver :mad:
So tomorrow I’m gonna go buck and split some wood for a guy, and I get to run my 395 with a :) guess it’s not all bad. Oh yeah and the Tsumara bar I just got for it is for a stihl.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So yesterday my mother in law moved her 5th wheel trailer over to my house. The dude that hauled it was a dousche, he did something to the landing gear so it wouldn’t go down any further than they were. So I had to buck down some rounds to fit under the landing gear, so he could drive out from underneath it. In his own words “I don’t have all day”. Wtf he moved the trailer 20 miles and charged her 300$ :mad: Any ways, grab the saw buck down the rounds to fit, and had to hold the pin out on his hitch so he could get out from underneath it. Literally just drove out from underneath it, trailer dropped on the rounds, and out the gate he went.
1:30pm So I went and closed the gate and while cussing and talking to myself on the way back to the house, I left my saw out by the trailer on the ground. 2 hrs later the wind is humming like 70 mph gusts. You can’t see more than 3 football fields out in every direction. Oh yeah I live in the hi desert, DUST STORM. This goes on for a few more hrs and here comes the rain at about 7pm. Wind is still howling, rains all night. This morning I go outside to assess damages and there she is 455 rancher laying on her side. :eek: Pick it up turn it on the side that was up water pours out of the pull start cover :( Moved the chain it sounds like sand paper rubbing on the bar :(
So again I start cussing myself and put the saw in the garage on the bench. This afternoon I go out and decide to tear her apart, wet sand and dirt everywhere. It’s caked, tore off the top, both sides and the exhaust. There was so much dirt on the flywheel side it wouldn’t move. Sand Was stuck between the flywheel and the coil. Got the exhaust off and there it is sand in the exhaust port :crybaby2:little tiny pieces but I can see it. Cleaned them out of the port and off the piston with a wet q-tip and looked through the spark plug hole and could see a little left, so back in I go.
Took off the flywheel, yes I had to rotate and stop the piston, and then the other way for the clutch. Now I get to tear the cylinder off and make sure I get it cleaned out. :BangHead: Gonna order some seals and a piston kit and do it while I’m in there. From what I can see the cylinder looks ok and as long as I don’t fire it up and run sand through it I should be good. I guess it was time for a piston, *s-word happens for a reason. Or it’s just karma biting me in the ass for cussing the tow truck driver :mad:
So tomorrow I’m gonna go buck and split some wood for a guy, and I get to run my 395 with a :) guess it’s not all bad. Oh yeah and the Tsumara bar I just got for it is for a stihl.

That sucks seven way from Sunday.

You can make that Stihl bar fit that Husky real easy like.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sucks seven way from Sunday. You can make that Stihl bar fit that Husky real easy like.
I have done this with a shop-made part, but I never thought it was real easy to make that part. Just MHO. I do remember that Bailey's sells an adapter.

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That sucks seven way from Sunday.

You can make that Stihl bar fit that Husky real easy like.
Yeah I can order the part. I called the dude he is gonna send the right one and I’ll send this one back.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
12:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd move

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have done this with a shop-made part, but I never thought it was real easy to make that part. Just MHO. I do remember that Bailey's sells an adapter.

I found some tube that fit the bill on Amazon and used a plumber's tube cutter. Easy peasy. 20210130_195849.jpg