even more jmssaws *B-S....

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason's claim to me was the 660 has a larger flywheel side bearing than the 066- I tried to explain that they were the same.

Yes, the poly flywheel crank has a larger rod bearing than the early 066 but shortly before the change over- Stihl released an "improved" metal flywheel crank and according to them, the rod bearings are the same size.
I got into this with him, too. It took me saying that I've done it to convince him that they're the same.

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I checked the run out on the base. surprised again. less then .003 front to back, 0 side to side. looked to be sanded.
transfers are pretty close to the same height, but have a lot of upward angle, one side more then the other.
finger ports open around 10 deg before transfers
flywheel was so tight I thought I was going to destroy my puller. breaker bar and 3 feet of pipe tight. clutch came off easy.:hollering:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cannot believe your all questioning the work of once renowned resident expert of all things 064/066/660. He said himself he 'maxed out' cylinder flow with the porting he had mastered over 20 years of solely working on this series of Stihl saw full time. The lesson here is how BS baffles people and when said in a semi convincing manner influences how people spend their hard earned money. He gained members trust while all along destroying peoples much loved property. It took some time and damage but at least he was finally stopped buy good men who no longer turned a blind eye to his sins.

Last edited:

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
f484a3cbcc6c1b1b1633246cf61d37f4.jpg

Well here’s the carnage of junk parts from my 066 from this thread. Hey the cases and covers were good [emoji849]Thought I’d share this and then never speak of it again. I would like to thank Scott for cleaning up this cluster&/) and making this saw into what I thought I was getting the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cannot believe your all questioning the work of once renowned resident expert of all things 064/066/660. He said himself he 'maxed out' cylinder flow with the porting he had mastered over 20 years of solely working on this series of Stihl saw full time. The lesson here is how BS baffles people and when said in a semi convincing manner influences how people spend their hard earned money. He gained members trust while all along destroying peoples much loved property. It took some time and damage but at least he was finally stopped buy good men who no longer turned a blind eye to his sins.

He also sent some great running saws to GTGs, like the CT GTG. To be honest, it was hard not to be impressed, they ran very strong. Until you took one apart, or it failed, you did not realize the BS that was going on.

Between that and his videos, he ran a good con. So glad to see the great people on this site who have helped out those who got the short end of the stick! They are heroes!

Agr516

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet you'll like it. I havent got to use my new TM 066 much at all but i did get to lay it into a 3' pine log the first time i used it and it damn near scared me. Exactly what i was looking for.