High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo Spec Thread

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My first 590 is doing great I've cut many truckloads of firewood and let some friends cut with it too.
Haven't even fueled the second one no need have to look but it's well over four years now.View attachment 47461

Just wondering how many times you have cut yourself on all that sharp plastic ?? :eek:

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I haven't done anything with my new 501 yet , got an extra muffler deflector and limiter caps to do a muffler mod .
Got a 600 demo saw , not sure what I'm going to do with it either except likely a MM

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a CS400EVL that actually runs but idles erratically and is hard to get the carb adjusted right. I fear that it might need main seals since I've replaced the carb. boot and it runs the same. Anybody ever replace these? It seems like typical Echo and looks harder to replace than on other saws, like Stihls.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That could be - but the fact is that the brand is deceiving people with their very liberal use of the word "professional", at the same time as they don't provide power specs (in North America).

If nobody but me cares, that is of course a problem - as it means that the deception mostly is successful.

Ahh, Niko. The thing is, most of us probably actually agree with some of your points. It's your delivery that can be a bit bitter. And, as with everything on the internet, a bit of push back is all one needs to find room to begin arguing.

So they don't make some of their plastics as thick as other brands do. But to say it is a cheaper plastic is a lot like saying they are using cheaper cheapness. The reason Husqvarna and Stihl use any plastic at all is because it is dirt cheap compared to magnesium, aluminum, and can be formed easily in to complex shapes without having to do months of engineering QC for fit and function, and it lasts long enough. In some circumstances, it will take more of a beating than alloys would. They all use the exact same plastics - a glass reinforced nylon known as PA6-GF(20/30 etc etc)(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon_6). There is a rather thin range of plastics that will survive in the environment a chainsaw lives in, and as with most other industries, they've all resided to using basically the same thing - glass filled nylon. Pull your vacuum apart, your car bumper, intake manifolds, your bike fenders, motorcycle fairings, about anything you think is plastic used in the elements or needs strength is made of the same stuff. Which, of course, makes that stuff, even though it is a quality plastic - ubiquitous and cheap. Now - complaining about fit, finish/edging has merit. I am not impressed with the handles on most of the newer Shindaiwa's, but I can live with them. After all, plastic with sharp edges tend to go pretty smooth fairly quickly in forest work.

Stihl shroud:

168771960.OqKOgdG1.stihl_880_shroud.jpg

Husqvarna(note the symbol for Magnesium on the cover as well):

168771964.fm7YZPc6.husky_clutch_cover.jpg

Shindaiwa CS390SX starter cover:

168771961.MieFACli.Shindaiwa_starter.jpg

Over all, in my humble opinion, your money goes a long ways when spent on an Echo product.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahh, Niko. The thing is, most of us probably actually agree with some of your points. It's your delivery that can be a bit bitter. And, as with everything on the internet, a bit of push back is all one needs to find room to begin arguing.

So they don't make some of their plastics as thick as other brands do. But to say it is a cheaper plastic is a lot like saying they are using cheaper cheapness. The reason Husqvarna and Stihl use any plastic at all is because it is dirt cheap compared to magnesium, aluminum, and can be formed easily in to complex shapes without having to do months of engineering QC for fit and function, and it lasts long enough. In some circumstances, it will take more of a beating than alloys would. They all use the exact same plastics - a glass reinforced nylon known as PA6-GF(20/30 etc etc)(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon_6). There is a rather thin range of plastics that will survive in the environment a chainsaw lives in, and as with most other industries, they've all resided to using basically the same thing - glass filled nylon. Pull your vacuum apart, your car bumper, intake manifolds, your bike fenders, motorcycle fairings, about anything you think is plastic used in the elements or needs strength is made of the same stuff. Which, of course, makes that stuff, even though it is a quality plastic - ubiquitous and cheap. Now - complaining about fit, finish/edging has merit. I am not impressed with the handles on most of the newer Shindaiwa's, but I can live with them. After all, plastic with sharp edges tend to go pretty smooth fairly quickly in forest work.

Stihl shroud:

168771960.OqKOgdG1.stihl_880_shroud.jpg

Husqvarna(note the symbol for Magnesium on the cover as well):

168771964.fm7YZPc6.husky_clutch_cover.jpg

Shindaiwa CS390SX starter cover:

168771961.MieFACli.Shindaiwa_starter.jpg

Over all, in my humble opinion, your money goes a long ways when spent on an Echo product.
He gone
On as now

Rains

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Guys over on the chainsaw shack are saying the 620 will pull a 28 through hard woods all day, is that 620 really that strong ??

Piston Skirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys over on the chainsaw shack are saying the 620 will pull a 28 through hard woods all day, is that 620 really that strong ??

It has supposedly highest torque in stock form as a 60cc saw. With a range of ~3500rpm+ between torque and power peaks it is pretty easy to control in the cut and you have to be a newbie to bog it down by accident. Probably those guys ain't lyin' much.