Echo CS-310 build

greendohn

firewood hack
Local time
10:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had one for several years, gotta' million hours on it. Always run a 12" b/c on it.
Removed the screen from the muffler, trimmed the limiter tab for better tuning.
It doesn't spool up as quick as I'd like but it's a great brush saw.
(mostly run a stock cs400 w/ 14"b/c these days)

Following with interest.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The 310 filter may be a better design than the ms180 but it doesn't seem to have better filtering capability. This saw doesn't have one tank through it yet and there are more fines in the carb on the choke plate than was on the filter. The crank pan had sawdust grit. If you look at the exhaust pic you'll notice a tiny hair scratch on the front of the piston from a piece of that grit.
I'll be closely inspecting the filter on reassembly to make sure it seals right.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just saw a vid of before and after muf mod looked great!! how the av on these? Never ran one but they feel super light.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'd like to know that myself. I don't think it's a clone but I believe they use the same piston. I'd like to do any upgrades if any exist between these two models.
I hope someone comes along to have an answer for that. @SawTroll...I'm wondering if there are any Husqvarna pistons 38mm with 8mm pin holes. It's 13.15mm from to edge of pin hole to crown edge which would be 17.15 center hole to crown. I'm after a piston that's single ring with about one to two millimetres taller head so I can tighten the squish and flatten the band a bit for higher compression. My ideal plan is to find a windowed piston to do a major overhaul on those pinched off turd shaped transfers tunnels. They're larger diameter through the centre than at each opening. That cannot maintain or increase velocity in my opinion. To me it's like airing your house out by opening a small windows instead of two doors at each end.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did I miss the transfer pics ? Are they open or closed?