High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo CS-310 build

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry I ain't got a video up yet. I spent a bunch of time swapping out the stock carb for a zama s90 and it ended up being a bad carb I had forgot about. What a hell of a way of a reminder dammit.
Ah just pull the choke and throttle shaft out and punch it out with the dremel. You can do it put a small burr to it

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ah just pull the choke and throttle shaft out and punch it out with the dremel. You can do it put a small burr to it
I was waiting to find out if there may be a flood limiter in the stock carb before doing that since it acts like it does. Any info on whether or not the coils in these are limited would be sweet. Thanks in advance for news on that.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you for checking that out Joe.

It's not a major set back or anything like that. My goal for this build was to improve throttle response and torque. I suppose if I was serious about making it a show off saw then I'd put an unlimited coil in it.
12,800 in a cut is great rpm

DeckSetter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Any updates?

Also how does the 310 handle? I took this pic of a 310 next to a 490 tonight, they're almost the same size! The 490 is definitely heavier though.

ba900e669f8650f5bbdcc4ec7216e993.jpg

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well don't laugh it's still got a few things that need done. It's got quite the little hiccup going on which I'm assuming is the carb not matching up, which I haven't modified yet.

It's way too new. Let the neighbor run a gallon or 2 through it for you and it will be better. They are very slow
To break in l ol

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When ppl review a product it's is from new. So echo has crappy reviews. Once ppl have owned then for a good while and actually have some hours on it they end up liking a echo but they dont go back and re write a review.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think it cuts well and has incredible torque. The hiccup I mention is where you can hear fuel pudding or something causing it to miss fire every few seconds all the way through the cut. That also made the power come and go. It took me about 7 or 8 cuts just to learn how to make it look that good. Lol

I'm assuming it's getting enough air flow to the carb but I'll have another look at that too.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When ppl review a product it's is from new. So echo has crappy reviews. Once ppl have owned then for a good while and actually have some hours on it they end up liking a echo but they dont go back and re write a review.

The other day at my local Home Depot I found the return section I asked the guy whats thr deal on the ope he said they send them to a local shop ( in my case a good one ) and if they check out they pit them back on the shelf 1/2 off. So I might find me an echo yet if people dont let the break in and return them.

Last edited:

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think it cuts well and has incredible torque. The hiccup I mention is where you can hear fuel pudding or something causing it to miss fire every few seconds all the way through the cut. That also made the power come and go. It took me about 7 or 8 cuts just to learn how to make it look that good. Lol

I'm assuming it's getting enough air flow to the carb but I'll have another look at that too.
Take the filter cover off se if any difference in it. It's still toooooooo new bet it don't have 30 min cut time on it.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was a bit annoying to deal with. That cat tube steel is very thick. At least I wasn't forced to split the muffler to do it. View attachment 43646
Old thread resurrection!

Curious how you got all that out without splitting it open. I'm about to do one tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk