Duke's saw chain

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vallorby files from Amick's arrived. I hear they're not as good as files from 50 years ago, but they're great as far as new files are concerned. With better metallurgy and machinery they should be better I'd think, though files used to be expensive and these are relatively affordable so maybe that's why. They work well, even on STIHL chains, so they ought to be even better on Duke's--or any other chain for that matter.

20240206_055509.jpg

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vallorby files from Amick's arrived. I hear they're not as good as files from 50 years ago, but they're great as far as new files are concerned. With better metallurgy and machinery they should be better I'd think, though files used to be expensive and these are relatively affordable so maybe that's why. They work well, even on STIHL chains, so they ought to be even better on Duke's--or any other chain for that matter.

View attachment 406750
Been using Vallorbe files for many years, haven’t found a better brand, 👍there double bevel last a long time, Oberg,Sandvik were the files back in the day.

Last edited:

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vallorbe double-bevel what a dream, one season or entire year on one side of the file. All of 2022, file got punished more as I was green at square filing. In 2023 I could not wear the other side out. About 30 cords each year. More practice, less unnecessary wear. Still on the original 1st file.

Round files, will be comparing to the Husky intense and Oregon. Don't have enough time to judge.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So far, all parts I’ve gotten from them over the years have been great.
Same here although I haven't ordered a lot from them I usually try to get what I can afford if he has something that I need and it's a good deal I'll normally go with them sorry Duke's sometimes you just have to high of a price but there's time when you're pricing fits my wallet. Lol

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First off, I noticed the custom letting on the chain.
So I keep wondering about monogramed chain options. :cool:
Very Doubtfull that I would spend money on that, but still got it in my head.

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a value based chain, so it's China, of course.
You got a frown smiley on Your post!
What do consumers expect, cheap/affordable but Made in U.S.A. ?

People are willing to pay horrendous prices on stuff they do not really need to survive just for the fake image of being "wealthy", yet they cheap out on consumables they need to make a living and complain about the product being made in China!

Thankfully I don't get it.

I would love to give Your chains a try.
I'll have to figure something out.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got a frown smiley on Your post!
What do consumers expect, cheap/affordable but Made in U.S.A. ?

People are willing to pay horrendous prices on stuff they do not really need to survive just for the fake image of being "wealthy", yet they cheap out on consumables they need to make a living and complain about the product being made in China!

Thankfully I don't get it.

I would love to give Your chains a try.
I'll have to figure something out.
Most people understand, especially because it is a value based product.

The reality is, that it's still pretty good and offers something to customers that they are looking for.

Maybe I should have worded it slighty different.

"Chain was not made in Taiwan OR Indonesia, God Bless The USA!

Made in China"​

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most people understand, especially because it is a value based product.

The reality is, that it's still pretty good and offers something to customers that they are looking for.

Maybe I should have worded it slighty different.

"Chain was not made in Taiwan OR Indonesia, God Bless The USA!

Made in China"​
Tell you the truth kinda hard to find anything that's made in the US darn near everything is made outside the US now that includes OEM parts for cars trucks lawn and garden equipment you name it lot's of people will try to argue with me on that but I think there more scared that people will judge them tell you truth at my age I could care less about what people think about what parts I use if it makes my stuff live and run who cares where it's made from.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well Duke Thieroff you don't have the chain size I need for both my 24" and 28" in a .058 in the Duke's but you do in the Forester chain so I put one of each in my shopping cart for next month which I have used that brand before and never had any problems with them but if you do have Duke's chain in .058 let me know.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tell you the truth kinda hard to find anything that's made in the US darn near everything is made outside the US now that includes OEM parts for cars trucks lawn and garden equipment you name it lot's of people will try to argue with me on that but I think there more scared that people will judge them tell you truth at my age I could care less about what people think about what parts I use if it makes my stuff live and run who cares where it's made from.
I nearly fainted reading Your post , my brain didn't let me breathe till the first and only dot! 😵‍💫

Lol 🤪