Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Target saw is a boost port if I remember correctly. Curious to see how that one runs. Does it have a separate oil tank like a normal chainsaw?
It is indeed a Boost port motor and at one time i had a note that they might be 2mm larger than the 60/61/62/65/655 but they measure the same on the calipers at least the two i have found to check myself.
the boost port is so different from modern boost ports, so dang simple
it has the same crankcase assembly but a different clutch cover and the case divider for the oil tank isn't there and the oil filler hole is not knocked out but looks like it will come out and thread easily
The demo saw has a great base plate that protects the bottom of the saw and a different baby blue paint job :)

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
10:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is indeed a Boost port motor and at one time i had a note that they might be 2mm larger than the 60/61/62/65/655 but they measure the same on the calipers at least the two i have found to check myself.
the boost port is so different from modern boost ports, so dang simple
it has the same crankcase assembly but a different clutch cover and the case divider for the oil tank isn't there and the oil filler hole is not knocked out but looks like it will come out and thread easily
The demo saw has a great base plate that protects the bottom of the saw and a different baby blue paint job :)
It would be cool to make a chainsaw out of the demo saw, and that way you have 2 play saws. Could find another case half and maybe match the baby blue. There isn't a lot of info on the Target saws, but Rottman sales has a little section with the ipl's.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be cool to make a chainsaw out of the demo saw, and that way you have 2 play saws. Could find another case half and maybe match the baby blue. There isn't a lot of info on the Target saws, but Rottman sales has a little section with the ipl's.

Just grease the bar between races. Oil pumps cause drag lol.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've already learned the hard way about buying used parts from him. I thought I was safe buying something new.

I had about 6 small items I was gonna buy from him and I asked about a group shipping rate. Never got a response so I never bought them

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Screenshot_2018-05-18-12-02-46.png
I had about 6 small items I was gonna buy from him and I asked about a group shipping rate. Never got a response so I never bought them
I sent him a message last night on his ad for the black one for $420 asking when he'd have more in stock and this is the message I got first thing this morning.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I haven't got it obviously so it may end up being gray lol