Reaction score
Country flag

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
He lied to me and then sold that one to you days later. I don't think you beat anyone to the punch.
Mine may show up grey too Jim but I dunno. If it shows up black then I'd like to do an even swap for they grey one since Clint saw is getting restored.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Mine may show up grey too Jim but I dunno. If it shows up black then I'd like to do an even swap for they grey one since Clint saw is getting restored.
I do believe I deleted that before you replied!, lol.
I have some black tubing on its way so I can change out the grey. No need to make any sacrifices.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have some black tubing on its way so I can change out the grey. No need to make any sacrifices.
Ok sounds good. Clint is a good guy and I like to help when I can. Sorry if I was being a dick I was just excited I may get a black one. So what are you thinking on the port work?

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok sounds good. Clint is a good guy and I like to help when I can. Sorry if I was being a dick I was just excited I may get a black one. So what are you thinking on the port work?
He likes running longer bars so I'm going to target the low end torque. It might want a thicker or stronger reed petal for that.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Curious to hear how this works out and what tubing you used.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I already bought and installed the Boyeson reeds on this saw... I kinda jumped the gun a little bit, seeing as how the saw needed new crank bearings.
Your good to go then on reeds

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I already bought and installed the Boyeson reeds on this saw... I kinda jumped the gun a little bit, seeing as how the saw needed new crank bearings.
I noticed those and I think they're a good looking set up. I'd like to see the difference in performance between those and the two stage set I fabricated. My secondary petal looks like it may be quite a bit softer than the Boyesen.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed those and I think they're a good looking set up. I'd like to see the difference in performance between those and the two stage set I fabricated. My secondary petal looks like it may be quite a bit softer than the Boyesen.
I still have the stock ones laying around here somewhere, too...

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm new to the reed valves. What would the softer reed do? I know my stock one was thin metal.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm new to the reed valves. What would the softer reed do? I know my stock one was thin metal.
I may be backwards on this but I believe it's supposed to bring higher rpm and less torque. The goal is for them to close at the right time to allow exactly what the engine wants.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Softer reeds are for low end and stiff is for top end, if the reed is to soft it won’t close at high rpm, and the engine will hit a wall. I have done a lot of testing with banshees. If you can get stuff but light reeds, that kind of the best of both worlds, it was night and day difference on a 10mill banshee, the low end reeds worked fine until the higher rev pipes and drag porting. I think there is a fair amount of grace room, but if you get it just right it can make big gains