High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chainsaw grinder questions, tips, tricks, and pics!!!!

junkman

Crush it
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok @junkman i was about to eat dinner, but your post made me run to garage and snap a few shot is RS, LOL....now I can't remember if I ground these with stone wheels or CBN wheel...

Anyway let me know what you think!!!
View attachment 73417
Looks like good work chain angles,what do you have the base slide set at ? 0 or 10 ?
The oregon grinder i used to have was a 511 ax
The pink wheels heat the cutters more than the usg wheels ,i can fix a rocked out chain on one pass most of the time ,takes some getting used to at first but i like the usg better,i think i got it 3 years ago or so cant remember for sure.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like good work chain angles,what do you have the base slide set at ? 0 or 10 ?
The oregon grinder i used to have was a 511 ax
The pink wheels heat the cutters more than the usg wheels ,i can fix a rocked out chain on one pass most of the time ,takes some getting used to at first but i like the usg better,i think i got it 3 years ago or so cant remember for sure.
I have been leaving the vise tilt at "0".....

Ya it's funny how they have the complete opposite head tilt....

I got good results with the the stone wheels, but the CBNs can take you to the next level....

I would like to try a usg, but no one around here I know has one, or any grinder for that matter....

Here are some of the first RS chains I did with the grinder....I used the stone wheels on these for sure!!!

Oh and have you ever tried the CBN wheels??
IMG_2153.JPG
IMG_2162.JPG

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never tried cbn wheels,that looks good and sharp ,has more hook than i run ,the more hook you have, the more grabby it gets which loads the saw more,if the saw will pull it stay with it ,but i run 32 inch bars so i have to be more conservitive on angles,,less hook helps if bore or plunge cut a lot also.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh sorry it is chainsaw repair, like any other site a lot of good info/reading, just have to weed threw the idiots and dickheads LOL!!!
I caught myself weeding so often that I fired up the 4wheeler with my sprayer and mixed up a batch of round up.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys I had a buddy tell me if a USG forsale, and dammit if I just couldn't pass it up...looks to be in great shape...comes with 5-stone wheels, a cyclone type CBN, and a never used Stihl carbide wheel...

It is one of those things I could have lived with out, but as long as I keep selling saws I will be ok!!!!

Anyway here are some pics, let me know what you think...
IMG_2632.PNG
IMG_2631.PNG

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and to all you guys that use these USG, do you have to change out a shin in the vise when you go from ,50 to .63 gauge chain????

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys I had a buddy tell me if a USG forsale, and dammit if I just couldn't pass it up...looks to be in great shape...comes with 5-stone wheels, a cyclone type CBN, and a never used Stihl carbide wheel...

It is one of those things I could have lived with out, but as long as I keep selling saws I will be ok!!!!

Anyway here are some pics, let me know what you think...
View attachment 73682
View attachment 73683
Nice.
Is the usg a good grinder?

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and to all you guys that use these USG, do you have to change out a shin in the vise when you go from ,50 to .63 gauge chain????
It is spring loaded with a cam lever on mine ,no need to change anything on the vise .

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is spring loaded with a cam lever on mine ,no need to change anything on the vise .
Hey if you have any pics of your base could you post them up....this grinder is being mailed to me, and will be here Thursday...I won't know, but I assume all the usg grinders are the same...I didn't know if they had any little changes to them I've the years....

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Congrats -looks like you got the whole kit!
Look forward to your impressions / comparisons with the Oregon style grinders.

Philbert
Ya I was shocked at all that came with it...a never used carbide Stihl whee and a CBN wheel he said he used twice....the. There are 5-Stihl stone wheels, some new...

Also a new arbor and an extra vise rail....

I will definitely report back when I get her up and going...should be here Thursday....

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and @Philbert or any one else....can you read or tell what brand of wheel this is....I can't read the engraved writing.....
IMG_2636.PNG IMG_2634.PNG

Here is the brand new unused carbide wheel
IMG_2629.PNG

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya I was just about to say same thing...looks to be in great shape....

Here are some more pics...
IMG_2641.PNG IMG_2637.PNG

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited: