High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Can anyone identify this chain?

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
2:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've never seen drivers on a chain like this. I was wondering if this missed quality control or if it is purpose made.
One thing I immediately noticed when cutting was the bar rails pack full of sawdust within seconds and lifts the chain up off the bar. Oregon 3/8 .050 round grind chisel.
20180628_104051.jpg

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's an older version of Oregon 72 JG/JGX, the skip version of LG/LGX. There was a period that Oregon used the rounded drive links. I had called Blount about this about a year and a half ago but don't remember any details other than they don't use rounded drivers anymore.

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm interested in knowing what their purpose was.

The person I talked to told me but I completely forgot. You can look up their customer support # and give 'em a call and see what they say.

cuttinscott

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In theory it was supposed to be more stable in the bar rails. It was called rudder link or stable link, it worked good on bars up to 20" over that the bar rails would clog up quicker and stop oil from getting around the bar. I believe I still have some if interested?? LOL

It was available in LG and JG sequence

Scott

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In theory it was supposed to be more stable in the bar rails. It was called rudder link or stable link, it worked good on bars up to 20" over that the bar rails would clog up quicker and stop oil from getting around the bar. I believe I still have some if interested?? LOL

It was available in LG and JG sequence

Scott

Yeah, now I remember them saying Stable Link.

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember it was spelled different, might have been 'Stabilink' or something similar.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IIRC @Philbert posted more extensive info regarding those drive links over on AS
As @cuttinscott mentioned it was supposed to anchor the chain better within the groove, but issues with oiling and plugged grooves made potential customers frown upon the product.

The chit's worthless, lol.
I'm going to dismantle the entire loop and keep the cutters. I'll modify them for use on a low profile chain.
Take an angle grinder and cut a notch into every DL that doesn't have one!
I sure would.