High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HELP! Anyone use CBN wheels for grinding chain?

Brad Button

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who's using CBN grinding wheels and what have you found to be the best? Looking to grab one for my grinder.

Thanks
Dan
I have been using CBN wheels for around 30 years. This is where I get mine. They have Diamond wheels as well if you ever do carbide chains. https://www.diamondwheelinc.com/

chiselbit

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. Tempted to try this,, the $300 bucks for unknown angles is a little daunting though. Seems like the angle(s) of attack is more critical than the wheel angles, in my experience anyway, so maybe,,

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Woodturners wonders and a Baltic like both. Both are pretty coarse and good for fixing chains without getting hot. I’d like to try a real fine one
Tell me about your Woodturners Wonders wheel. I buy a lot from them and have a CBN wheel in my cart already for my bowl gouges.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know what grit the wheels are from Diamond Wheel? Can't see it on their web page and they aren't answering the phones.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess I’m the outlier.

Bought a pair of CBN wheels, several yrars back, due to all the positive comments in these threads.

Was disappointed with the finish. Also, was able to overheat a cutter if I tried (not magic).

IMG_6382.jpeg

Contacted the company, and they told me that I ‘just needed more practice with the grinder’.

Sold the wheels in the Trading Post.

Now, I have LOTS of vitrified wheels: several from the CBN converts who swear that they ‘will never use them again!’ (Thank you!).

They do produce more dust, so I grind outside if I can. I dress them lightly every loop, and can custom shape / profile them if I want.

And I can get 8, quality, vitrified wheels for the cost of one, cheap, CBN wheel: so cost effective?

There might be better ones out there, than the ones I tried.

IMG_6383.jpeg

Philbert

Last edited: