Another new OPEforum fan...

semi-chissel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen of OPE,

I just wanted to introduce myself and greet all of the members here. I have been reading your site (a stellar resource without question) for a while now, and only today signed up. Before anyone mentions it, "chissel" isn't a mis-spelling, just a nick name from a late friend who couldn't spell worth a darn!

I don't have a job in the OPE field, but I wish I did. I don't have much OPE, but I am always dreaming of an excuse to acquire more. Nor do I know too much about most small engine repair, but I am yearning to learn.
The extent of my troubleshooting "prowess" is not much. I've managed to fix was an oil supply problem (clogged screen), and tweak my Husky 55's "Hi" and "Idle" enough to make it function again. Nothing worse than having your favorite chainsaw not work, such a miserable feeling.

I wish I knew why after years of trouble free performance it spiraled into a fuel/air basket case in almost no time.

Since being here and reading so many catastrophic failure threads, I have panic attacks thinking I have an air leak in all of my 2-cycle gear, with a scorched piston and cylinder only moments away.

I really miss my old neighboorhood Husky pusher, uh I mean dealer, he was a great guy and I miss having an expert to visit with only minutes away, so now I feel the need to do more myself. That is where you experts here on OPE come in!

Hopefully in the future I can be a contributor instead of a consumer.

-Semi-Chissel

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome! Sounds like you need to find a local gtg and find some fellow saw brethren!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello Gentlemen of OPE,

I just wanted to introduce myself and greet all of the members here. I have been reading your site (a stellar resource without question) for a while now, and only today signed up. Before anyone mentions it, "chissel" isn't a mis-spelling, just a nick name from a late friend who couldn't spell worth a darn!

I don't have a job in the OPE field, but I wish I did. I don't have much OPE, but I am always dreaming of an excuse to acquire more. Nor do I know too much about most small engine repair, but I am yearning to learn.
The extent of my troubleshooting "prowess" is not much. I've managed to fix was an oil supply problem (clogged screen), and tweak my Husky 55's "Hi" and "Idle" enough to make it function again. Nothing worse than having your favorite chainsaw not work, such a miserable feeling.

I wish I knew why after years of trouble free performance it spiraled into a fuel/air basket case in almost no time.

Since being here and reading so many catastrophic failure threads, I have panic attacks thinking I have an air leak in all of my 2-cycle gear, with a scorched piston and cylinder only moments away.

I really miss my old neighboorhood Husky pusher, uh I mean dealer, he was a great guy and I miss having an expert to visit with only minutes away, so now I feel the need to do more myself. That is where you experts here on OPE come in!

-Semi-Chissel
Hello from west west Virginia.
Welcome to the site.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello Gentlemen of OPE,

-Semi-Chissel

Welcome to ope!
On the 55, if it was trouble free for years, and suddenly needed tuning, it probably has an air leak. These are prone to intake boot and impulse tube failure. Could be crank seals also, I have yet to see a bad one on this series. Otherwise a rock solid saw! Learn to do a pressure/vac test, and you can test all your 2 stroke equipment.
Dan

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know there are Mountaineer's here on site. Do they have any GTG's close by?
Not near me i'm northwest of Charleston some of these guy's have gtgs in pa and Virginia i believe.
I'm a one man band cutter.
20170910_143603.jpg i help family and friends cut or drop tree's for them.
What area are you in. 20170910_143954.jpg

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome! And bring that 55 back to life, you can do it!

semi-chissel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not near me i'm northwest of Charleston some of these guy's have gtgs in pa and Virginia i believe.
I'm a one man band cutter.

i help family and friends cut or drop tree's for them.

What area are you in.

I live in between Martinsburg and Hagerstown MD. About as East as you can get and still be in WV.
Probably about 6 hours from your place.

NYC is probably closer than the capital for me. Lol!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent. And l just found out I am about 2 hours from Wagnerwerks. Things are looking up all over!

I take it lead farmer is a very knowledgeable member? My lucky day.
Naw, man. He's dumber than a box of rocks. He just lives close to you

:risas3:

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Excellent. And l just found out I am about 2 hours from Wagnerwerks. Things are looking up all over!

I take it lead farmer is a very knowledgeable member? My lucky day.
Lol. That might be sig. line material.

He's a good guy. Caravan up with him in October!