Another chainsaw dyno...

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guess I'm just gettin old!!! But it does beat the alternative.

These Westerns were running about the same time as I Love Lucy ... and I think everyone knows who she is ... right???

Fifelaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe it was Lorne Green!

He was not only "Pa" on Bonanza, but he sang the hit song "Ringo", based on a real-life character.

Dan Blocker was a real strong guy in real life. Before he became a famous movie star, they said he would install the real axel in a car without using anything to jack up the axle! Let me tell you, that would not be an easy thing to do! That is a feat of incredible strength.

Michael Landon was the youngest son, who later starred in Little House on the Prairie.

Bonanza was one of the westerns we grew up watching. All of them (Lone Ranger, Gun Smoke, The Rifleman, etc.) all always had a moral message embedded in the plot, and I think growing up watching them made us better folks. I worry about the current generation.
Michael Landon also held the world record fast draw for awhile.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did not know that thanks for sharing.

I remember hearing that Roy Rogers could break thrown clay pigeons with a pair of 45 Colt Long revolvers in cadence with the music.

I also heard that Trigger was a very smart horse, and that he bought Trigger from the studio way before he was successful and had money.

There was a lot of true talent back then that many of us were never aware of.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the excellent info Joe (as usual), but there are a lot of us out here that do not have metal lathes.

If your squish band is messed up because your saw ate something, or just defective from the factory, you can smooth things out a bit by taping some sandpaper to the top of a used piston and rotating it back and forth (I find that two of the heavy-duty paint stirrers work OK for doing this).

I cut the sandpaper in a circle to match the top of the piston, then roll a piece of HD duct take to keep it in place.

Would not want to cut any measurable squish using this method, but it can work to smooth out rough (irregular) surfaces.