All Things 288XP

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, guys. Wes here again - begging. The local guys do not have the standard ignition coil for a 288. I did manage to get the secondary, tho. But it still isn't firing. :( I saw some tiny cracks in the primary coil, so may swap it out. But only if someone here has an extra one they are willing to ship to Ireland, cause I am flat broke, and I really don't wanna spend much on this 288 if it is just gonna gremlin nickel and dime me to death. So, if any of y'all are feeling generous, lemme know? Thanks a lot!
Late in seeing this and sorry to say I don’t have an extra at the moment or I’d help you out man. Only coil set I have is going on my 281 build.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone remember the part number for the Hi-Top K&N filter that fits on the Eliminator adapter....

I should know this, but I cant remember.
I think it’s somewhere in The first 75 pages of this thread...I don’t remember it either lol

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
awesome pics. that one is actually for the HD intake elbow. Im looking for the Eliminator style filter. That fits on the eliminator adapter which bolts to the low top elbow.
Just remembered I think I have that set up on my 281 but with a factory high top...duh! Be right back with the numbers...

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late in seeing this and sorry to say I don’t have an extra at the moment or I’d help you out man. Only coil set I have is going on my 281 build.

Thanks, bud. I went and ordered one from DVA - the greek guys. It's one of those VEC coils. Wish me luck. I'll get it all together once this crzy sleet stuff goes away and I can get to the shed.

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
4:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, bud. I went and ordered one from DVA - the greek guys. It's one of those VEC coils. Wish me luck. I'll get it all together once this crzy sleet stuff goes away and I can get to the shed.

Raining cats and dogs here. Has been for 24 hrs straight. Not that it’s a 288 but it’s not looking a good day for me to test out my freshly finished 42 special. The Uk is seeing some great weather the last few days ain’t it.

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you for the replies guys. Much appreciated.

I am trying to get a part number for a customer so he can order that KN filter.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Difference is the eliminator takes a larger oval shape instead of a round smaller round shape of the 288 hightop, I don't see much performance gain since the eliminator uses the stock 288 lowtop elbow and an adapter to fit, the low top elbow would still be a Coke point IMO.

how57

It’s a city! Not a smoke!
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found this in another thread about someone looking up those part numbers and they didn't work. But, the K&N actual part number is RU-3450 @how57

View attachment 207664
Yes. Those are the correct numbers. You can still find the filters on the K&N website. They are not cheap either.

quattro90

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only issue I see is booth the newer numbers are round in shape and not oval.
Thanks for clarifying. I removed that info since it is incorrect. But, now my question is, in your photo the number printed on there seems to refer to more than one type of filter (since How57’s post seemed to indicate that was the mold # for the top half. What would the oval shaped bottom half mold # be) Also what’s the correct P/N for the whole filter?