Best Buy Co, Inc. Buy Used Saws CCC Ebay Store HLSupply Daily Deals

572xp vid, you guys see this one yet??

Discussion in 'Chainsaws' started by RIDE-RED 350r, Dec 10, 2017.

1. cgraham1

cgraham1 ONE OF THE GREATEST!

So you're saying that if I were to buy a new 562xp, I could run it for four hours every Saturday, and it would last me approximately 18 months? Wow. I wonder how long a 262xp would last in the same conditions?

Husqvarna knows that most of its pro saws will be sold to professionals (loggers, tree services, firefighters, etc.). They know that the few hobbyists who spend the extra dough on the pro saws will probably never run them enough to have any real problems with them. And they know that the professionals will just keep replacing the saws every few months because they can justify the cost as a business expense. They could build a saw to last 1000 hrs. instead of 300 hrs., but they don't want the saws to last too long, or they won't need to be replaced as often, and thus the company will make less money. Most pros are brand loyal and will buy whatever piece of crap Husqvarna or Stihl puts on the shelves (not like they have much choice anyways, once the older saws are phased out). If the quality is bad enough, a small percentage of saw buyers will switch to another brand, but most will just keep buying the same brand they've always bought.

Bottom line is this; neither Stihl nor Husqvarna could give two shits about us or anyone else that buys their saws... they simply want to make as much money as possible, and the quality of the saws will be dictated by nothing more than that.

Things aren't built to last anymore, they are built to last just long enough.

2. Derf

Derf Pinnacle OPE Member

I’d like to introduce [USER]@danimal[/USER] to you too. Lol!

XP_Slinger likes this.
  3. Derf

Derf Pinnacle OPE Member

Hang on there partner, don’t get your panties in a bunch just yet. The EPA hour rating on my old husky 353 was 125 hours, but is 300 hours on my 372xp, 395xp and 562xp. That is really what dictates how long a saw “needs” to run for.
    It’s not entirely clear from Bob’s @Spike60 post if the saw is “dead” at that point of 300 hours, or if it just needs some parts and maintenance. Is the piston worn out and the bottom end bearing going ($$$), or is it in need of new bearings/seals ($$), or is it just crying for an air filter, fuel filter, fuel line and a carb kit ($)? Point is, he didn’t say the saw was “DOA”, he said it was hurting. And I can’t fault Husqvarna if a PTO bearing has reached its lifecycle at 300 hours. At some point components will fail. There will always be a “weakest link”. And the flip side to over-building everything is you end up with a boat anchor, aka, Stihl.

You can always keep a saw going as long as parts are available, until enough fails all at the same time that a repair job isn’t worth paying for when you can refresh everything by buying new. But then a used saw gets sold off and the DIY crowd can take over because they don’t have to pay a dealer by the hour for labor to keep the saw going, they only have to pay for parts. Which is why so many of us have 262xp saws still going today.

But you’re absolutely right that a publicly traded corporation has only 1 goal : to make as much money as possible by selling as much product as possible.

4. how57

how57 Pinnacle OPE Member

I can pull the cylinder off a my 394 in about ten minutes leaving the carb and muffler attached to the cylinder. You can also assemble all your components together on your bench and slide the whole assembly into place in one shot.

smokey7, huskyboy, Wolverine and 4 others like this.
  5. Johnmn

Johnmn Pinnacle OPE Member

You are correct, I have worked on many Stihl and husky saws and there is nothing easier to work on than a 2 series huskys!
    625/630/670 jonsered are the same!

smokey7, huskyboy, StephK87 and 5 others like this.
  6. cgraham1

cgraham1 ONE OF THE GREATEST!

You can if they deliberately design them to fail at a certain point by using inferior materials (plastic bearing cages, for fucksake??!!!) or improper sizing, knowing full well that the vast majority of saws will simply be replaced when they "blow up". If you think that every detail of every part on a chainsaw is not calculated to make the company the most money, you would be mistaken.

My point is this; they could build better saws, that would last longer, and that would serve their customers needs better, but it would hurt their bottom line.

smokey7 likes this.
  7. MG2186

MG2186 Pinnacle OPE Member

You can’t ever let someone get a Husky point in without commenting about your Stihl can you!!

bryanr2, smokey7, Duce and 8 others like this.
  8. mdavlee

mdavlee Hillbilly grinder

Lots of stihls have plastic cages now as well.

XP_Slinger and huskyboy like this.
  9. Wolverine

Wolverine Do you even burn wood bro?

That's a negative ghost rider. :yawn:

Dub11 likes this.
  10. StephK87

StephK87 Super OPE Member

IMAG8131.jpg

Yes! In this case, from a 3,5 year old ported 261 (squish/base cut, destratofied) ;) the saw was in professional use here in germany by a friend of mine. It was fixable, new metal caged bearing, gaskets and piston.

Onan18, smokey7, Cut4fun and 5 others like this.
  11. Spike60

Spike60 ONE OF THE GREATEST!

I seriously don't like "so your saying" para-phrasing to redefine what someone said.

As @Derf pointed out, I was not saying that 562's are all toast at 300 hours. In the case of this logger though I would say that any saw is about shot after 300 hours of "life with Mike". :) Runs 'em hard and "maintenance" really isn't in his dictionary. Some go way past 300 hours and then there's saws like his most recent one that got stomped by an angry hickory tree the first week. In his own words, "just drove it down between 2 rocks"

300 hours is just his personal target for a saw. He feels if he hits that number with no major issues, the saw more than paid for itself. And with many of these guys, "major issues" are more likely to originate in the woods than from the factory. :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    mikefunaro, Onan18, smokey7 and 11 others like this.
  12. Cut4fun

Cut4fun Redneck Chainsaw Repair

2 tone But different grey.

save all my pics I see here. https://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/husqvarna/new-70cc-huasqvarna-572/

h565.jpg h572xxxxxx.jpg h572expo.jpeg_thumb.png h572xpp.jpeg_thumb.png

Onan18, smokey7, Dub11 and 4 others like this.
  13. Derf

Derf Pinnacle OPE Member

Someone said the new grey is more durable than the old gray. I think it looks worse. But both look nasty to me compared with all orange. Apparently all the husky XP lines will convert over from the old silver to the new grey in 2018.

14. Cut4fun

Cut4fun Redneck Chainsaw Repair

Vote for all orange here. Dilly Dilly. :borra2:

h550545.jpg

Spike60, smokey7, Dub11 and 1 other person like this.
  15. raumati01

raumati01 Super OPE Member

Starting to get photos of people with their new 572s on instagram.

Trying. Not . To . Seethe . With . Jealousy

Dub11 and RIDE-RED 350r like this.
  16. Hank_612

Hank_612 Active OPE Member

Where are they available? And what is the msrp?

huskyboy likes this.