572xp vid, you guys see this one yet??

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
10:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But if it’s a matter of stuffers vs not, that’s a bigger differential than the 365sp vs 372. Compare the 359 and 357. 57 = mucho grande.
True dat. I wonder though if the 565/572 are going to be very close to each other mechanically like the 365/ 372 X-Torq models. If both saws have full circle cranks stuffers aint needed;)

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's another logger perspective. Guy is the analytical type and loves that I can plug in the AT saws and tell him how many hours he's getting on them. He can run run 8 tanks of fuel through a saw by lunch time. Every cut is a money cut. No cookies and doesn't go to GTG's. (but did supply some wood to a couple of mine; thank you Mike :) ) Runs 562's and gets about 300 hours on them by which time they are begging for mercy. Exception is his last one that got crushed the first week he had it. :(

But, the way he sees it, if he's getting 300 hours on a saw, then it's only costing him $2 an hour for that piece of equipment. (not counting the gas and oil and chains/bars). Not too bad at all from his viewpoint. Most of us look at a saw and think, OMG, $800! And I already have three dozen saws, so how the heck can I justify something like that? LOL

Don't get me wrong; I'm as much a saw geek and have as much fun as anyone here. But those guys do have a different way of looking at things. :)

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More volume can make more torque and lower the powerband.
Make it more Stihl esque? Wouldn't that be more beneficial in a long bar set up (mill etc). I've not seen a build thread with them being removed. Interesting, but doesn't sound like what I'd want in a port job for a 50 class saw.

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, we have some first little issues over the pond (german forum). Broken bar stud (out of the case) and a broken clutch clip after maybe 5h. But nothing to worry about in my opinion, seems like a rare material defect (or maybe owner mistake?) to me. Like i said in the 462 thread, a fresh 572xp for porting is on its way and i have the delightful option to put it against a stock 462 (later both ported):b1:

Attachments

• issues.png
    issues.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 32

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, we have some first little issues over the pond (german forum). Broken bar stud (out of the case) and a broken clutch clip after maybe 5h. But nothing to worry about in my opinion, seems like a rare material defect (or maybe owner mistake?) to me. Like i said in the 462 thread, a fresh 572xp for porting is on its way and i have the delightful option to put it against a stock 462 (later both ported):b1:
Thanks for sharing this info. It's nice to hear from someone with hands on experience rather keep on speculating on the "what if's" of these new saws. Looking forward to your comparison.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make it more Stihl esque? Wouldn't that be more beneficial in a long bar set up (mill etc). I've not seen a build thread with them being removed. Interesting, but doesn't sound like what I'd want in a port job for a 50 class saw.
Wider power band is always welcome in smaller saw for me.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tell us more please!!!!:aplastao:

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True dat. I wonder though if the 565/572 are going to be very close to each other mechanically like the 365/ 372 X-Torq models. If both saws have full circle cranks stuffers aint needed;)

I would think the 565 would be to the 572xp what the 555 is to the 562xp, or the 545 to the 550xp.
All orange (not two-tone), different cylinder, different piston (possibly), no crank stuffers, no rev boost, cheaper.

Here's another logger perspective... He can run run 8 tanks of fuel through a saw by lunch time. Every cut is a money cut... Runs 562's and gets about 300 hours on them by which time they are begging for mercy... But, the way he sees it, if he's getting 300 hours on a saw, then it's only costing him $2 an hour for that piece of equipment. (not counting the gas and oil and chains/bars).

I heard that on the older 3-series saws, when new there was ~1.6 thou clearance, and 3 thou clearance between piston and cylinder when about worn out. Now these 5-series come from the factory at 3-thou clearance. They run hotter, have more piston slap and require higher quality oil to cushion the piston.
Between bearings wearing out, seals crapping out, carb diaphragms and pistons wearing, what else wears out on a pose head? When it all goes at the same time and requires a complete overhaul, I can see it being an expensive fix, but I wonder how a saw is determined to be worn out beyond cost effective to repair?

Still, 300 hours, makes me want to know how many hours I have on my 562xp.

how57

It’s a city! Not a smoke!
Local time
7:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are funny arguing about stihl vs husky the only reason I'm on here is to look at @how57 and @Derf Avatar! Haha in all seriousness both saws seem like a home run to a non biased saw owner like myself. The Stihl might be lighter and faster but the husqvarna more durable and able to run a longer bar. Bar length doesn't really matter in my neck of the woods there is rarely a need for over a 24 incher.
Huskies are easier to work on!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not much is easier to work on or more straight forward than a 044/440 or 046/460/461, IMO.