562XP MKII For Raffle

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A Georgia native who is our Trails coordinator ( guy who hikes and builds trails) swears buy his 562xp and loves using it.
I want to like the 562 and probably wouldn't be against getting the mark2 after they've been out for awhile. Hopefully the model changes will stop now.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the original 562 from 2016 that Randy build. She hauls some butt and dead stone reliable after all these years.
Production logging for a month by a friend who had his run over no complaints.
Rest assured, this is going to be an amazing build.

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you do mm on these?

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whats your thoughts on them running with the dished piston?

Last one I did I swapped it out for a flat top.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got it back together and test ran. I have a dentist appointment in the morning, but as soon as we can we'll run it against Bubba's well broken in old style 562XP.
Yeah! Curious if she’s any stronger. Doubt it, seems like most changes were reliability/durability related. Which is always a good idea with a 5 series. 562’s were always strong runners. Is your dislike for the 5 series mainly just quality control related?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah! Curious if she’s any stronger. Doubt it, seems like most changes were reliability/durability related. Which is always a good idea with a 5 series. 562’s were always strong runners. Is your dislike for the 5 series mainly just quality control related?
I've taken thousands of new saws apart. Far more Stihls than anything else. Yet I've never taken a Stihl apart that was assembled incorrectly. Once I had a MS362 that had poor bevels on the strato ports, and I've seen that on a few MS201s.

I've taken a bunch of 372s apart that had the intake boot folded up under the carb....a bunch of 550s apart with the transfer seals ripped, and I've gotten several 562s that refused to start right out of the box. 562s and 572s that have plating that lifts around the port edges after port work. All that said, in the last few years, Husqvarna has improved on these issues by a lot. 90% of the problems I've seen should have been caught before the saw left the assembly line.....