High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

066/394 hybrid build

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well That Doesn't Sound Very Interesting.
Maybe not if you're only after a work saw.
The angle and style of the exhaust flange is tough to get around without welding. It leaves the muffler up against the handle and in the way of the chain brake. The number of fins that need trimmed off the cylinder to get the top cover to fit may give it a cooling disadvantage. Then the angle of the intake will make it necessary to hack the carb housing area all up to make room.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Chainsaw Jim I'd love to see a picture or two of the RWJ carb your using
The throttle shaft from a WJ carb is needed. The little clip that screws down is also needed. A hole will need drilled to thread the little screw for the clip in place. The Jesus clip from the rwj cannot be used because the shaft will slide out of place and let the throttle valve hang up on the grooves from the divider at wot.
20161204_204344.jpg 20161203_233420.jpg

The little limiter arm on the throttle plate needs adjusted to keep the throttle valve level at wot.
20161204_204541.jpg

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe not if you're only after a work saw.
The angle and style of the exhaust flange is tough to get around without welding. It leaves the muffler up against the handle and in the way of the chain brake. The number of fins that need trimmed off the cylinder to get the top cover to fit may give it a cooling disadvantage. Then the angle of the intake will make it necessary to hack the carb housing area all up to make room.

Thank You for explaining further.

I See What You Mean Now.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wasn't liking the low compression from a thick spacer gasket leaving .030 squish. I decided I'd dump the spacer and take .040 off the squish which left it much better at .015". I'm liking the results so far, but the wood will tell. 20170726_161049.jpg
I usually finish squish band cuts with a sanding mandrel to leave a machined look but this one is mine and it is completely even.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm happy with the gain from cutting the squish. It pumped up to just a hair over 230psi after reassembly and idle tuning. At the 0:25 second mark the bar tip starts trying to freeze up so it had to pull on that too.
All in all I'm happy with it. I might try another carb or two but for now I want to see how it does running a short bar for cant racing.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm happy with the gain from cutting the squish. It pumped up to just a hair over 230psi after reassembly and idle tuning. At the 0:25 second mark the bar tip starts trying to freeze up so it had to pull on that too.
All in all I'm happy with it. I might try another carb or two but for now I want to see how it does running a short bar for cant racing.
Dang Jim...that sounds nice!!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds real smooth and strong! Nice job Jim.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk