High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Your Worst Online & In person Saw Buying Expereince?

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
3:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought an 048 from a guy, after dark, without pulling the muffler, and without peeking under the duck/electrical tape. Never did use it in the 2 years I had it, I got it running the day before I sent it to its new owner. Aside from that, I've had a charmed life when it comes to buying saws.

Now, my brudda bought a 372 from a shady guy that apparently manages to find hundreds of pro saws in storage units over time (B *frenching S, in my opinion) and he got screwed. He paid too much ($800 with a 28 inch repainted 70's Oregon bar) and when I gave it a once-over I saw the saw had an a/m recoil and p/c (and probably a few other parts too). I pulled the good used top end off his other 372, swapped it over, and he traded off the saw. Later my boss and a buddy separately told me to never buy a saw from that guy again and I haven't since then. We both learned just because a guy seems friendly and tosses around the names of guys you know and trust doesn't mean you should trust him. When I mentioned that the stuff was chinese garbage, "Well, I'm sorry to hear that but I had no idea. The previous owner must have done that." Yeah, everyone puts an a/m top end and recoil on a like-new 372 just for fun. And after working on countless saws you still can't tell that Genuine Husky plastics don't look sand-cast and their cylinders aren't pencil-lead gray.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had 2 horrible dealings with the most dishonest people i have ever met.
One was a guy in Canada, We did a trade, He wanted my 090G that was mint
and i wanted his Jonsereds diesel, I shipped off the 090G and i received the
Diesel. Well the Diesel was not even close to what he stated. It had zero compression.
Marks in the piston etc. I called him and told him to ship my saw back that this Diesel
was getting sent back to him.

Second guy was a flat out thief in Michigan. I bought a totally restored Solo Super Rex
from him. Took 2 months to get it. He claimed it had NEW cylinder, piston, crankshaft
handle and a few other parts. When i got it i was excited as it looked good. It too had
low compression. I removed the top cover and the cylinder had bean bead blasted clean.
Removed the muffler and the piston was so worn it was incredible. The cylinder was
losing it's chrome plating. The crank was used. The guy flat out lied to me. The saw went
back to him and he would not refund me. I had paid him Paypal with a credit card. Had
to file a dispute with credit card company. Finally got my money back.

Not going to mention names but they are 2 useless pieces of chit, Scum of the earth.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Diesel. Well the Diesel was not even close to what he stated. It had zero compression.
Marks in the piston etc. I called him and told him to ship my saw back that this Diesel

Second guy was a flat out thief in Michigan. I bought a totally restored Solo Super Rex
from him. Took 2 months to get it. He claimed it had NEW cylinder, piston, crankshaft
handle and a few other parts. When i got it i was excited as it looked good. It too had
low compression. I removed the top cover and the cylinder had bean bead blasted clean.
Removed the muffler and the piston was so worn it was incredible. The cylinder was
losing it's chrome plating. The crank was used. The guy flat out lied to me. The saw went
back to him and he would not refund me. I had paid him Paypal with a credit card. Had

Not going to mention names but they are 2 useless pieces of chit, Scum of the earth.

I'd bet my farm that I know one of them for sure.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You probably know both

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Lee, I thought you had a guy in Alaska take your money for a 166 and never ship it.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
im quite sure i know who one of em is as well, but it really doesnt do any good to put that on an open forum imo.