Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind so at the end of the day, what's that whole deal cost to have done? That case have is pretty spensive, whats the proprietary bearing cost?

Just curious
View attachment 271218

Bearing and seal are included with the case half. Takes 20 minutes or so to strip the saw down. Probably twice that to reassemble.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
9:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was the first I've ever heard. Thanks for letting me know.

The one that I was griping about showed up yesterday. Ordered on Nov. 27. arrived December 10 in a flat rate box. Not the sellers fault. After he filed a lost package claim it showed up in the system. Still have several other parts 7 days out on what should have been a 3 day ride.

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The one that I was griping about showed up yesterday. Ordered on Nov. 27. arrived December 10 in a flat rate box. Not the sellers fault. After he filed a lost package claim it showed up in the system. Still have several other parts 7 days out on what should have been a 3 day ride.

Anything managed, guided, administered, or supervised by the US Gov is a crapshoot. They suck at Logistics. Always have. The USPS is no longer the Pony Express.

Same as this Covid vaccine - they will screw the pooch big time on the distribution of this.

Shoulda been handled by the military or private industry. They are not perfect but they can move stuff quickly and get it out there.

Let me repeat - anything .gov sucks.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Life in the new normal. :confused:

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anything managed, guided, administered, or supervised by the US Gov is a crapshoot. They suck at Logistics. Always have. The USPS is no longer the Pony Express.

Same as this Covid vaccine - they will screw the pooch big time on the distribution of this.

Shoulda been handled by the military or private industry. They are not perfect but they can move stuff quickly and get it out there.

Let me repeat - anything .gov sucks.

100% agreed.
If the USPS was privatized and held to standard someone could make it efficient. Amazon puts the smack down on delivery here.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is not just the Gov … the more I deal with companies the more I think temps are running EVERYTHING!

People just don't accept responsibility like they used to!

Quite the generational difference in responsibility and accountability.
When we were young. These are the things we were told and the parents kept their promises.

1. If you get a whooping at school I can guarantee you -- you'll get a better one when you get home.

2. When going to stay the night at the cousins my dad would say -- If he gets out of line, whoop his tail. He'll get another when he gets home.

3. Don't ever talk back to your mama or give her any grief. If you do -- I'll deal with you when I get home. He did.

4. In this house, everybody works -- period. And we all did, and still do. Funny how starting early and being consistent pays off.

5. If we were on the road and acted out in the car, dad would look in the mirror and say, when you get home you're getting a whooping.
When we got home we did the holy-dance with the belt in the back room.

Funny thing how responsibility and accountability and absolute rules work. Today, everyone gets a trophy. Most candidates for a job want a paycheck but wont work.
Most of the time the entitled suckers wouldn't work in a pie factory as a taste tester. Ok. I'm done now.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I her ya! I was a single parent for several years … back in my day we were not really raised to be that! So, I did my best anyway.

They are both grown now, and I'm happy with the results. A few years back my older daughter is talking to her younger sister at a family get together, and she comes up to me and says: "I was talking to my sister, and neither one of us can ever remember you hitting us"!

I kinda grinned, and looked at her and said "I didn't have to, because you knew that I would"!

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
11:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When we were young. These are the things we were told and the parents kept their promises.

1. If you get a whooping at school I can guarantee you -- you'll get a better one when you get home.

2. When going to stay the night at the cousins my dad would say -- If he gets out of line, whoop his tail. He'll get another when he gets home.

3. Don't ever talk back to your mama or give her any grief. If you do -- I'll deal with you when I get home. He did.

4. In this house, everybody works -- period. And we all did, and still do. Funny how starting early and being consistent pays off.

5. If we were on the road and acted out in the car, dad would look in the mirror and say, when you get home you're getting a whooping.

Funny thing how responsibility and accountability and absolute rules work. Today, everyone gets a trophy. Most candidates for a job want a paycheck but wont work.
Most of the time the entitled suckers wouldn't work in a pie factory as a taste tester. Ok. I'm done now.
And not one Kiddy counsellor Insight sounds like I had the same parents as you although in a different country I would not change a thing .

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
6:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That broken ear on the case is a normal thing for those stihls. Seen a few new saws shipped from Stihl NW to the dealer like this.
At least husqvarna did address case breakage issues, for example the 395xp. The front bottom of the case can and will break out from roughhousing. They solved it with a steel bolt on guard.

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

whats this pie tastin job ,i might get outa the pig biz and go to pie tastin.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ain’t that the truth Tommy. When the Nun pulled me by my ear in 3rd grade, I bled a bit behind it. Thank god for the longer hair styles of the 70’s (when I had hair). I made sure I covered it with hair or a hat, cause I knew the belt dance would come.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
whats this pie tastin job ,i might get outa the pig biz and go to pie tastin.

You really should. If you're not going to rent pigs there's really no use. Last I heard all the pie tasting jobs here were filled up. So if you don't have one lined up -- keep your day job. :D