Winter's over.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotta love a clean Ariens! I have a Deluxe 24. Solid built machines.
I sold my old 2014 28 Deluxe and replaced it with a NOS 2022 28 Deluxe for $200 out of pocket at the beginning of winter.:squezer:
I wish I could have gotten a SHO model for the same deal but the standard did marginally well with the recent 12" cement snow that we got on fri/sat.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold my old 2014 28 Deluxe and replaced it with a NOS 2022 28 Deluxe for $200 out of pocket at the beginning of winter.:squezer:
I wish I could have gotten a SHO model for the same deal but the standard did marginally well with the recent 12" cement snow that we got on fri/sat.
Was on heck of a day to wake up to 15" of the same mix here. Had to get a front end loader in to move it after the plow truck bustimicated and between shoveling and blowing it plumb whooped me. :frown:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You upper mid west Boys really got slammed again? Guess my thread title wasn't as inclusive as it might have been.
Lol "as inclusive". It's about likened to giving Ol' Man Winter the middle finger. Come the beginning of June or so, I'll show you fellers how I put my snowblower away that doesn't make it snow some more. Yes I said snow some more, I've seen it snow here every in any month there is on the calendar. The act of putting away any snow removal equipment, plow, blower, shovel, etc. will be seen as a disrespect to the Ol' Man's capability and he'll show you every time who's in charge of winter and it's never you, it's always him. I knew Griz had purchased that blower in Rhinelander 35 miles away as it snowed the instant he did and all the entire way back home, as it must have taunted the Ol' Man. Seeing that we're supposed to get slammed yet again on Tue/Wed, must mean someone else tried to stick it to the man and put their equipment away or worse yet cleaned and polished it... they'll never learn I tell ya! LOL

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol "as inclusive". It's about likened to giving Ol' Man Winter the middle finger. Come the beginning of June or so, I'll show you fellers how I put my snowblower away that doesn't make it snow some more. Yes I said snow some more, I've seen it snow here every in any month there is on the calendar. The act of putting away any snow removal equipment, plow, blower, shovel, etc. will be seen as a disrespect to the Ol' Man's capability and he'll show you every time who's in charge of winter and it's never you, it's always him. I knew Griz had purchased that blower in Rhinelander 35 miles away as it snowed the instant he did and all the entire way back home, as it must have taunted the Ol' Man. Seeing that we're supposed to get slammed yet again on Tue/Wed, must mean someone else tried to stick it to the man and put their equipment away or worse yet cleaned and polished it... they'll never learn I tell ya! LOL
I have waited for the ice to go out on fishing opener(mid May) in Iron Co and another year been water skiing on the same lake mid April, Spring in northern Wisconsin is a crap shoot and some summers not much better. :eek:

Mpls, Mn area I feel safe if I wait until May 1 to put the snowblower away for the summer.:risas3:

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

35a6c3f4-3bce-4a41-839e-54dd829decef_text.gif

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Geez, it's like in-laws that won't go home up there. Was 75 here yesterday.
I guess so, doesn't appear that we will break the all time record of 114" of snow unless we get a few more inches on Saturday. Yeah, it's like a turd that just wont flush. Lol

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve, this up and down nonsense isn't over here either. Might have been 75 yesterday, but into the 30's now, heading to the 20's overnight. Stop sending this cold weather over this way!

Got the stove going and she's making me nice and drowsy at the moment. Gonna load her one more time and close my eyes on the couch.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess so, doesn't appear that we will break the all time record of 114" of snow unless we get a few more inches on Saturday. Yeah, it's like a turd that just wont flush. Lol

Grand mesa in western CO reported they have recorded just over 635" so far this winter, as of 4-2-23 and there's over a 200" base up there.

April is usually a snowy month up there, and May can be also, they got 16" two days after they issued the report. I think they will have ride-able snow until July at this rate, or maybe later.

I know the guy that owns the Polaris dealer over that way, he told me in the 80's when it really snowed on the mesa, you could find ride-able snow on the mesa year around.

These pictures were taken 4-4-23 on the grand mesa. 2nd & 3rd pic are two story houses.

339915651_571408248416488_420049195470737565_n.jpg340016475_565171559046253_5390579514798522246_n.jpg340027118_1635944150186880_711580066411216835_n.jpg

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We ended up with the inch overnite as said this morning, but flurries returned mid morning and are still ongoing. Total so far is 3" of white shiz, with temp stuck at 34, suppose to drop to 26-28 overnite. Thank goodness that the roads have stayed melted so far.