High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Why are chainsaws so addictive?

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
4:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I work on the same old airplanes day after day. They never go away. Most of the piston engine planes are 40+ years old and they require a lot of work. I don’t care so much for jets so the boss doesn’t make me work on them much.
I enjoy chainsaws for their variety and the fact I can make most of them go without having having to stand on my head while working on them. There are so many different examples of the same concept out there and up to now (knock on wood) I have prevailed over all (except a flywheel on a Solo 50). It’s very gratifying. Period.
Lemme know if you find a good 8gcbc or kcab for rebuild. Preferably metal spar (doh) i clearly dont have a need for speed.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They’re addictive because
1) They’re as exciting as a jet fighter but for the most part you aren’t required to have extensive training.

2) As much fun as firearms but you can buy one in any store without showing your I.D. and filling out a bunch of forms.

3) You can get an exhilarating high running one but unlike illegal drugs you can’t get arrested for using it.
Haha well said!!

nothing like using a big saw with a sharp chain through big wood, just eating it up. Same as running an m14 through its paces at a few tins of tannerite :)

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lemme know if you find a good 8gcbc or kcab for rebuild. Preferably metal spar (doh) i clearly dont have a need for speed.
Barnstormers.com
Check em out.

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rarely find a good deal in print...usually word of mouth.

Thx..

Stormers, TAP. Controller... :)
If something pops up, I’ll let you know. I work with a fellow building a Taylorcraft, he is in contact with folks in the know every day. He is like totally immersed in the little planes and has said he will watch out for you.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You wouldn’t believe the places I have to go and the openings I’m expected to work through. While I’ve never actually stood on my head , I hang upside down from time to time and there are a few jobs that I have to do behind my back, looking over my shoulder, because I can’t get my hands on it any other way. I can say without a doubt, that I work as much with my hands when I cannot see what I’m doing as I do when I can. Often I think the guys that designed these things set out to challenge them that come to work on em’. “Hey Fred, let’s see em’ figure this out. Heh, heh.”
Me too!! Im a commercial plumber so working in the power plant of a 40 storie building 20’ in the air surrounded by pipes changing 6” butterflys lol upside down, on my side, hanging you name it! my favorite are access panels, 6’ ladder to get in and inside its like a whole nother world of crawling and sliding to get to that ol piece of cracked cast... ;)
Personally i would love to shadow you for a day working on airplanes, what a fascinating carreer! Sounds like your tired of it maybe but im sure you have your exciting days ;)

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me too!! Im a commercial plumber so working in the power plant of a 40 storie building 20’ in the air surrounded by pipes changing 6” butterflys lol upside down, on my side, hanging you name it! my favorite are access panels, 6’ ladder to get in and inside its like a whole nother world of crawling and sliding to get to that ol piece of cracked cast... ;)
Personally i would love to shadow you for a day working on airplanes, what a fascinating carreer! Sounds like your tired of it maybe but im sure you have your exciting days ;)
I’m just tired. I love my job and am very lucky to have it. I’ve worked at a bunch of different jobs in my life and by far this has been my favorite. It’s really perfect for this time in my life. (never been a plumber though)

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If something pops up, I’ll let you know. I work with a fellow building a Taylorcraft, he is in contact with folks in the know every day. He is like totally immersed in the little planes and has said he will watch out for you.
BINGO...small world looking out for itself...
Thanks.
A SuperCub/Cub would be fine too ( tube/fabric)
Trying to avoid the "Spam Can"...too hard to reach in the inspection ports and do maintenance.... :(

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Whats "tiring" is the "paperwork" and the responsibility for liability of EVERY nut he ever touched ever in his career... I don't know how an AP/IA sleeps at night. Could you imagine having to log every pipe, fitting, and fixture by part number into the buildings "log books" and knowing the attorneys know exactly when and where you brazed those fixtures.... and then imagine those "buildings" flying around each other in the sky with "humans" at the controls :eek:

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whats "tiring" is the "paperwork" and the responsibility for liability of EVERY nut he ever touched ever in his career... I don't know how an AP/IA sleeps at night. Could you imagine having to log every pipe, fitting, and fixture by part number into the buildings "log books" and knowing the attorneys know exactly when and where you brazed those fixtures.... and then imagine those "buildings" flying around each other in the sky with "humans" at the controls :eek:
Wow never even thought of that when i made that post. Our name is on our work for typically a year and any floods because of it holds a very big responsibility, but that sounds like nothing in comparison....
Opened my eyes to the difficulties of being an airplane mech!!!