Who runs rc cars or trucks

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
1:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a old school t-max with a new 2.5r nitro. also got a slash and few others that the wife and kids use. great family sport.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Traded my slash for another tmax the other day. Found it to be boring compared to the nitro. would have had to get some new batteries soon anyhow. Dnt got to worry about that with nitro.

Chris Zautner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a traxxas revo 3.3 but it needs a new rear diff. I crashed it and the thing had enough momentum and the drive shaft broke the rear diff nob. I haven't ran it in about 2-3 years. Chainsaws are easier to work on for me. The tiny little parts the rc trucks have are just a pain to work on.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any one been running ther rc car/trucks? I been going over mine and cleaning them up. put the electric start on the one tmax to try out. just gotta het a spur gear and the one is ready.
c5d7b894982d1d7823223e291bd25f96.jpg
c03be6fb66998c0c3f01549f89124c9f.jpg

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey does any one run nitro? My question is with the steering on my t maxx. I run the four double a batteries but seen ther is a battery pack you can buy to replace them. Does the battery pack make the steering better like they clame it does? Rite now with new double a batteries, they will barely turn when stopped on smooth ground.

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey does any one run nitro? My question is with the steering on my t maxx. I run the four double a batteries but seen ther is a battery pack you can buy to replace them. Does the battery pack make the steering better like they clame it does? Rite now with new double a batteries, they will barely turn when stopped on smooth ground.

Alkaline batteries do not supply enough current to run servos well. You should use NiCD or NiMH packs or individual AA cells or use a comparable voltage LiPO pack. Eneloop AA batteries (NiMH) are great for use in the transmitter as well as being capable of running the car electronics and servos. They also have an extremely low self-discharge rate so if you don't use your stuff for a month the batteries stay charged. NiCD battery packs discharge very fast when not in use. I use Eneloops in gas/nitro cars but LiPOs for electric vehicles.

shawn022

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone running a traxxas stampede 2wd? Thinking of picking one up for my 8yo. I like the training mode and waterproof electronics. Seems to be a good deal for $200.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I fly in the air, but wanna get into the R/C truck or buggy deal as well. If the Traxxis Stampede 2WD gets good reviews, jump in it for the young man. Without ever fooling with one, I can't really help ya. I think I know someone who can... @bikemike.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You can get a bec to use to power up hi torque servos like savox.
Rc rock crawler events

Attachments

• 20160730_184905.jpg
    20160730_184905.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 14

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone running a traxxas stampede 2wd? Thinking of picking one up for my 8yo. I like the training mode and waterproof electronics. Seems to be a good deal for $200.
I got a stampede 2 wheel drive. ( acually its the wifes) its good but some parts do break easy with the wheels beeing first thing to hit stuff. Parts are cheap to fix though.

In my opinion best rc truck would be the slash. I had mine for three years snd only put a bearing on it for the drive shaft.

shawn022

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have a 2.5 tmaxx that is mostly converted to a 3.3 set up. I'm hoping getting her into rcs will motivate me to finish it. I also have a vintage ofna ld3 with a hpi engine. That thing is fast for an old car. Well it was fast until it out ran the transmitter and ran wide open into a chain link fence. lol. Should of had the fail safe hooked up. Need to fix that one as well.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had the t max but the hpi savage 25 is 10x tougher as a basher kind with I had a savage again never once broke a bulk head or control arm just drive shafts and screws came loose in second gear so those got glued in. that truck would climb trees faster than most tree guys lol

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have a 2.5 tmaxx that is mostly converted to a 3.3 set up. I'm hoping getting her into rcs will motivate me to finish it. I also have a vintage ofna ld3 with a hpi engine. That thing is fast for an old car. Well it was fast until it out ran the transmitter and ran wide open into a chain link fence. lol. Should of had the fail safe hooked up. Need to fix that one as well.
Ofna made some crazy fast awd buggies. Top of the line race rigs.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I would look for a savage xs flux.

I have tried to kill mine at the concrete skate park many times nothing more than some broken dog bone axles. mostly due to the motor upgrade and high dollar 3s lipo.

In stock form with a 2s lipo, short of being run over by a car I don't think it would break often...

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would look for a savage xs flux.

I have tried to kill mine at the concrete skate park many times nothing more than some broken dog bone axles. mostly due to the motor upgrade and high dollar 3s lipo.

In stock form with a 2s lipo, short of being run over by a car I don't think it would break often...
Very true hpi built tough rc trucks