High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What's your favorite 346xp bar and chain combo and why?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm good at breaking the phone most of the time lol. I have changed the camera 3 times on this dang phone. It don't like being dropped lol.
I always enjoyed your photos
funny-moment-photographer-holding-bird-troat.jpg

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been running the Oregon Speedcut 180TXLGK095 bar (its the WIDE nose version, much mo betterer than the TXLB narrow bars) and 72 DL 95TXL chain on the two 353->346s I have done. Its a great combo that is light and rigid. The oil grooves in the drive links retain oil all the way back to the clutch cover. The 95TXL is the narrow kerf (0.050) but I have had fantastic results with it thus far.

I tried 3/8 16” (Tsumura bar with 72EXL chain) on both saws and while it did cut with no issues, I personally felt the 18” .325 was better suited and better balanced. The extra 2” of reach is quite handy and takes better advantage of the high chain speed and lower (realistic) torque of the saw. I have no doubt that a modded 346 will pull a 20” 3/8 with little to no issue, but I firmly believe the 18 is best suited for size and weight. Especially when using the saw for what it excels at; in brush/sub 12” wood or limbing dense tree tops.

I have let a couple climbers use a 346 up in several trees with different b/c combos and both felt the 18” .325 was the combo that gave them the most from the saw and the most confidence when blocking down.

Just my opinion and experiences.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been running the Oregon Speedcut 180TXLGK095 bar (its the WIDE nose version, much mo betterer than the TXLB narrow bars) and 72 DL 95TXL chain on the two 353->346s I have done. Its a great combo that is light and rigid. The oil grooves in the drive links retain oil all the way back to the clutch cover. The 95TXL is the narrow kerf (0.050) but I have had fantastic results with it thus far.

I tried 3/8 16” (Tsumura bar with 72EXL chain) on both saws and while it did cut with no issues, I personally felt the 18” .325 was better suited and better balanced. The extra 2” of reach is quite handy and takes better advantage of the high chain speed and lower (realistic) torque of the saw. I have no doubt that a modded 346 will pull a 20” 3/8 with little to no issue, but I firmly believe the 18 is best suited for size and weight. Especially when using the saw for what it excels at; in brush/sub 12” wood or limbing dense tree tops.

I have let a couple climbers use a 346 up in several trees with different b/c combos and both felt the 18” .325 was the combo that gave them the most from the saw and the most confidence when blocking down.

Just my opinion and experiences.
Thank you for the input and the part numbers.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you for the input and the part numbers.

No problem.

As I said I have had excellent results with the new Oregon chains (95TXL and the EXL series chains). The Speedcut bars are relatively cheap and much lighter than OEM bars. No discernable issues thus far (other than a broken tooth on a chain used for less than an hour).