High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's faster, a 262xp or a 357xp? (answers inside . . . kind-of) - updated after 5 tanks

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a brand-new tree-fordy-6 x-tra pee back in 2013 . . . it's the second-to-last saw I'd let go. Mister Master-brain made it extra-angry.
Grampa's S25CVA will be here forever.

That guy is a menace to society.

MERR6267

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp, I went and put a 3-shoe clutch, a new cheapy clutch cover, and 4 more tanks of fuel on this 262 convert.

I can't say I'm impressed with the results. Seems to be the same as after 1 tank, or slower by a small margin. The chain was left un-touched from the previous video, draped on the log while I did a lot of noodling with another chain.

You think the saw was fully broken in after 1 tank? I'm skeptical. Maybe my technique caused a small dip in cut speed. Maybe the ring that's included with Duke's HP piston isn't ideal? (the piston and ring seem very high quality, I'm not knocking it)

Maybe I'm tuned too rich . . . I can tell that I was bogging in the cut a bit.

Thanks y'all.

Overall, I like the saw, it's strong and runs well.

MERR6267

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can we turn this into a Husky vs Stihl thread then talk about how loggers are better at everything?? Asking for a friend.

well . . . I only own 2 stihl saws; a 009 and a 032. I'm not sure those are going to be "better" than any of the Hooskin' Vernin' saws that I have.

Also, I don't know any loggers, so, AFAIK they are both better, and worse than anyone else at everything.